zoom player cut list to dvbviewer

janip

• 7 months later...

I use comskip to remove advertisement, is there possible to use zoom player cut list or chapter list? (or something else comskip output format)

Any change to get comskip cutlist work? Maybe .edl file is better choice?

• 8 months later...

I press the jump button and ff buttons on my remtoe and in approx. 5-10 seconds the commercial break is over. All existing commercial remove tools involve more work.

All existing commercial remove tools involve more work.

Why? You can run comskip full automatic. Comskip just do .edl file and then player jumps over adds.

Why? You can run comskip full automatic. Comskip just do .edl file and then player jumps over adds.

Using Comskip on H.264 shows is not especially smooth. For me it can take 30-40 minutes to run through a 1 hour HD show with Comskip H.264. I imagine this fact would have a dull effect on playback of show. What should dvbv display when waiting on Comskip progress...blackness? For MPEG-2 it should work fine, since Comskip commercial detection is much faster on those.

All existing commercial remove tools involve more work.

Well, not in my case! I did release this script which you can automate in full for commercial removal on finished recordings.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/44842-automatic-commercial-removal-script/

yeah but that involves buying some extra software and the jump over commercial is not really bothering me especially since I don't tend to archive recordings but watch them only once.

As far as i remember is that we made a Script years ago. The DVBViewer can store bookmarks since ages. I will have a look into the old code, when i find the time to :)

As far as i remember is that we made a Script years ago. The DVBViewer can store bookmarks since ages. I will have a look into the old code, when i find the time to :)

Awesome news :bounce:

Using Comskip on H.264 shows is not especially smooth. For me it can take 30-40 minutes to run through a 1 hour HD show with Comskip H.264. I imagine this fact would have a dull effect on playback of show. What should dvbv display when waiting on Comskip progress...blackness? For MPEG-2 it should work fine, since Comskip commercial detection is much faster on those.

I use script comskip+projectx+mplex+handbrake for html5 use and i can watch orginal file all time. Does comskip h.264 really stole file, so you can't play it same time?

Hackbart, really big thanks, if you have time to look chapters some time.

I think that .edl support is best way to do it, some other media sowtare support it too, like xbmc.

And again, sorry my english. :)

I use script comskip+projectx+mplex+handbrake for html5 use and i can watch orginal file all time. Does comskip h.264 really stole file, so you can't play it same time?

I really dont know, I cant test it yet. I was only expressing doubts comskip commercial detetction will work good with DVBViewer HD live-tv. Just because commercial detetction on H.264 shows is so extreamly slow and full of errors. The detection progress can sometimes go up to like 30-80% and when comskip encounters an error it goes back to 0% and starts over. Never a good sign if wanting this to work smooth with Live-TV commercial detetction. Comskip Erik does not seem to know the reason for all the errors on H.264 files, but end result is still good despite all the errors.

I think that .edl support is best way to do it, some other media sowtare support it too, like xbmc.

Hopefully the plugin could support all output formats Comskip can produce and not being limited to only one. Using a plugin.ini should make it really easy to set which output format to use.

• 1 month later...

Would be wonderful :D

• 7 months later...

How about honoring your promise as a christmas present plug-in ;)

If DVBViewer already can store Comskip bookmarks it should be like a breeze getting it working again, no?

Really looking forward to have this working :D