If no signal OSD Menu fails

lovelabel

I don' know if its just me but I think its a general issue and has been there since I bought the version 4.2 and I am sick and tired of it.

Here is the problem:

Each time I mistakingly switch to a channel without or low signal or switch to a pay-channel(I only watch free channels), the OSD stops to funktion and the screen is blank. To resolve this I have to grab my keyboard and use the GUI to return to old channel or a new channel with enough signal. This is not acceptable for a HTPC. This is not well designed from my point of view. If I compare this OSD with others (even the MCE) I ask myself why it is difficult to achieve when other viewers which are less in quality can do this. I think the OSD should be handled in a different way so that it continues to funktion if the tv signal fails. Maybe they should think about using a better interface like (Windows Presentation Foundation) to build a better and beautiful GUI and OSD or should also use whatever it is they used for GB-PVR. If GB-PVR wasn't full of bugs I would have switched a long time. DVBViewer is SOLID and deserves a better OSD. I don't care if it costs extra to get a better GUI. Thats what makes HTPC beautiful.

Please resolve this issue. I would like to do without my keyboard, at least when watching tv in OSD.

I have not realy thought of changing the renderer but I think I use something like EVR (not sure about custom EVR). I will try it next week when I am back home from Holidays. It will be great if this works well and I will have one problem less.

Thanks for the hint.