Subtitles .txt format and MPC-HC challenge

majstang

Today I can only get the .srt and .sub format to work with DVBViewer. There is a third subtitle format DVBViewer does not support which would be great if devs could introduce. Unfortunatley the .txt format is not that widely used. Nevertheless I can imagine a lot of people having a large number of older films already burnt on CDs with this subtitle format and can not get them to work with DVBViewer. The best file player out there still, MPC-HC, is one of few players that support .txt subtitles and is therefor my choice when watching these movies. I would love to see DVBViewer man up and challenge MPC-HC seriously when it comes to fileplay.

DVBViewer already have a large advantage which MPC-HC does not. Audio A/B switch without being forced to restart the player.

But this is pretty much the only advantage. To get anywhere near MPC-HC, I think DVBViewer would need several additional features:

- Subtitles .txt format support

- Volume control does not work in file playback mode when avi-files contain AC3 Audio

- Fast and easy mouse control - Play and Pause with one left mouseclick on playbackscreen in file mode.

:bye:

Edited by majstang
  • 7 months later...

Since it's mentioned here, I'll second the need for Play and Pause by clicking on the playback screen. It's a bit awkward having to navigate down to the pause button when you usually want to pause the playback as quickly as possible.

I also use ZoomPlayer and it's so useful to be able to just point the mouse anywhere on the screen and click to pause it.

• 3 weeks later...