Recording Service - tell me which EPG search timer

uglyned

Hi,

99% of my timers in recording service are generated by the autotimer.

While in some ways it's better than the series link feature on Freeview and Freesat in the UK (although I'd like to have the choice to use them), in other ways it causes a few minor problems.

Sometimes random programmes that I don't want to watch end up in my timer list and as I have probably hundreds of EPG searches and sometimes they match text that I don't want them to. If, in timer details, it could indicate which EPG search triggered the recording, that would help me go back in and make the search more specific.

And the other thing, I know I've asked about this before. But when I, or my wife, are sat watching the TV, looking through the EPG or timeline with the remote control and see a show we like, all we can do is record that show. There is no option whatsoever in the DVBViewer to set the series recording. It relies on me getting up, going to the office, starting up a PC, connecting to the recording service in a web browser then typing it all in.

Surely you can find a way of allowing me to set a series recording from the DVBViewer? How about if I could...

- press the blue button while the programme is highlighted in the timeline and from the menu select 'add EPG Search for this show' - this adds this show title on this channel and adds to autotimer list. I can go in and fine tune later if I want

- have the option of using either the freesat or freeview series link feature so that DVBViewer recording service can use the information in the EPG data to record the entire series? Again this could be done from the DVBViewer application using a remote control

I know I've asked for these before but it really would make DVBViewer absolutely perfect for the job of a PVR and fill the last gap in functionality and ease of use for non-technical, non Apple product (and don't want to own Apple product) households.

Edited by uglyned
  • 2 weeks later...