Skineditor for newOSD

Guest Lars_MQ

I've uploaded a tiny tool to create and edit the newOSDSkins.

I'm to tired now to write a big text, but I will write some more later today about it.

Have fun

Lars

Guest Lars_MQ

Ok now some more informations about the OSDSkinner.

I wrote it because I was too lazy to edit the skins by hand. I think it will be usefull for anybody who wants to play around with OSDSkins. For now ist only german, but most of it should be understandable for non german speakers.

I tried to imitate the big graphics applications in handling, but some things were too hard to implement, so the handling is sometime a little out of the "normal" ;)

It is no Bitmapeditor. You have to prepare the Images with paintshop pro/ gimp/ corelphotopaint etc. Preferred format is PNG but the Skinner can read a lot of formats. It will try to convert the images into PNG on saving, because the newOSD only works with png (and jpg, but hey png is much nicer ;) ).

A documentation? well I'm working on it :bounce:

A few tips to get you started:

- Just ignore the designscreen "plugin".

- you can get a preview of the skin in menu datei (file) -> vorschau (preview)

- a very usefull function is in menu auswahl (selection) -> Objekte verschieben (move objects). It helps you to move serveral objects at once. the values are relativ to the objects (x: -5 moves them 5 pixel to the left, + 5 5 pixel to the right etc.)

- in this menu you can also change the order of the objects (bring to front/back etc). And lock objects (objekt sperren) so you can't move it by accident.

- Menu Elemente (elements or objects) -> allgemein (general) here you find objects you can place on every designscreen. There is also a special menu with objects only useable for the specific designscreen.

- Some short helps: Umriss = Outline, Füllung = backgroundcolor, Schatten = Shadow.

To install it, just decompress it to where you want it.

Comments or questions are of course welcome (error reports too ;) )

have fun

lars

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lars_MQ

I've uploaded a new version of the osdSkinner, now (hopefully) with an english userinterface. If the language of the OS ist not german, it should show everything in english. Some feedback would be nice because I can't test it B)

Most of the explanations where done above so I post only the versionhistory.

Versionshistory    

Version 0.91

Changed: Preview now uses the newOSD graphic engine

Fix: logopath wasn't handled correct

Add: outline for text, rectangles, ellipsis, round rectangle

Add: alphachannel for outline

Add: Helphints for most elements in statusbar

Remove: Transparency, now handled completely over the colors

The contextsensitive helphints are also in english ;)

have fun

lars

Edited by Lars_MQ
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...