scripts

videogamingtown

hey i was just wondering if it is possible to autorun a script on a recording after its finished? i have the autohot key script from another post on this forum

i am using comskip as a commercial skipping solution and trying to make it work flawlessly with DVBViewer after recording.

please help

regards,

Robert

hey i was just wondering if it is possible to autorun a script on a recording after its finished? i have the autohot key script from another post on this forum

i am using comskip as a commercial skipping solution and trying to make it work flawlessly with DVBViewer after recording.

Yes, its possible to autorun a script on a recording after its finished by using the Recording Service. I suppose you are trying to get the "Automatic Commercial Removal script" working? It wont work with DVBViwer as the recorder though. See to it you have Recording Service working first, then i will guide you through the setup.

:bye:

i am using digiguide to schedule my recordings through dabdig which sends a command to DVBViewer to record at specific program at specific time etc.

it would be great if DVBViewer itself could do post recording commands! i dont think i want to switch to recording service as it would not blend well with my digiguide setup :(

Ok, I see! Perhaps there's some way launching DVBViewer after recording tasks through COM scripts or Eventghost, but haven't studied that angle much. Don't need to when having the greatest PVR system ever in form of Recording Service, which takes care of everything for you fully automatic.

Sorry, i can't help you...keeping my fingers crossed some others on this forum may have the anwers you are looking for :bye:

the main reason i dont want to use recording service is because it doesnt give me the series and episode numbers for tv shows which is annoying for me as i like to keep a collection!

what command would i use to trigger it? thanks for your help

option explicit
dim i, Timernumber, Text
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
sub main(ID,ChannelID,Filename,aDate,StartTime,EndTime,Days,Description,Instant,isPlugin,TimerAction,ShutDown)
  i           = 1
  Timernumber = 0

'your command           , command line parameter        
  OSD.ExecNewProcess "C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe", "", False, True

If TimerManager.Recording Then 
     propSetValue "#Recording.Status",  ""
  else
     propSetValue "#Recording.Status",  "inactive"
  end if
  propSetValue "#Recording.Description1", ""
  do while (i < 4 and Timernumber < TimerManager.Count)
     if TimerManager.Item(Timernumber).Recording then
        Text = mid(FormatDateTime(TimerManager.Item(Timernumber).Date,2),1,6)&" "&FormatDateTime(TimerManager.Item(Timernumber).StartTime,4)&" - "&FormatDateTime(TimerManager.Item(Timernumber).EndTime,4) & "  "
        Text = Text & TimerManager.Item(Timernumber).description
        propSetValue "#Recording.Description"&cstr(i), Text
        i = i + 1
     end if
     Timernumber = Timernumber + 1
  loop
  do while (i < 4)
     propSetValue "#Recording.Description"&cstr(i), ""
     i = i+1
  loop
  if TimerManager.NextRecordingTime = 0 then
     propSetValue "#Recording.Next", "not defined"
  else
     Timernumber = TimerManager.isTimerAt(TimerManager.NextRecordingTime)
     Text = mid(FormatDateTime(TimerManager.Item(Timernumber).Date,2),1,6)&" "&FormatDateTime(TimerManager.Item(Timernumber).StartTime,4)&" - "&FormatDateTime(TimerManager.Item(Timernumber).EndTime,4) & "  "
     Text = Text & TimerManager.Item(Timernumber).description
     propSetValue "#Recording.Next", text
  end if
end sub

for more informations see "DVBViewer COM Interface" (Members Section)