OSD question

renzz

I'm sure this is something really obvious but I can't seem to find the setting to change it.

My OSD always truncates the time of the programmes, so for example, instead of showing a programme time of 10:00, it shows 10:0... It does this will all the skins I have tried. See the attached screenshot.

How do I get it to show the full time - I know it must be possible as screenshots by other people of the OSD show it correctly.

Thanks

post-56458-0-12781900-1325415642_thumb.jpg

Thanks but I already have Arial Narrow installed (and the bold/italic variants).

I'm not familiar with how OSD skins are created but looking at some of the XMLs it simply refers to fonts as "font12" or "font13", so how do we know which font it's trying to use?

So it is - thanks. However, all the fonts in fonts.xml are set to Arial Narrow. Not sure what to try next - these problems are on my main Windows 7 machine. I also have DVBViewer on a Vista PC and the OSD works fine on there. Could it be a Windows 7 related problem?

• 2 years later...

it seams that the font of the default-skin "Arrow Narrow" is not installed on win-7 machines, if MS-Office is not there. In result the text items of OSD are displayed very poor. if want to change in fonts.xml, it's easy, but should be verified to replace by some font name which is there with exact name from system control. DVBViewer standard OSD should not come with a font which is not part of Win-7.

• 9 months later...

it seams that the font of the default-skin "Arrow Narrow" is not installed on win-7 machines, if MS-Office is not there. In result the text items of OSD are displayed very poor. if want to change in fonts.xml, it's easy, but should be verified to replace by some font name which is there with exact name from system control. DVBViewer standard OSD should not come with a font which is not part of Win-7.

I'm puzzled. I don't seem to have a fonts.xml on my Win7 64bit?

This is what the picture looks like. Not pretty. But where and how to improve the texts?

post-5516-0-94562400-1417773631_thumb.jpg

Try EVR Custom Video Renderer if you currently not using it.

I was using WMR9 as renderer. The above problems disappear if I choose EVR Enhanced Video Renderer, but then if I make a screenshot of a channel like Servus HD, the picture is not 1920x1080 but 1090x623. I don't have EVR Custom Video Renderar as an option.

But with WMR9 the screenshot size was OK...

You have to enable "Use Custom Renderers" (it is a good idea to restart the DVBViewer if you change this option) to be able to use a Custom renderer.

And yes it depends on the Renderer if a screenshot uses the original video resolution or the currently DVBViewer window size or something else.

(Only in case you try to test the DVBViewer video quality. Then the DVBViewer integrate screenshot option is useless. Because playback quality and screenshot quality are not connected)

You have to enable "Use Custom Renderers" (it is a good idea to restart the DVBViewer if you change this option) to be able to use a Custom renderer.

Thank you! That was the trick.