Way to stop recording service updating EPG

dvbrewer

Very annoying to start DVBViewer & I can't watch anything live as the recording service is using the tuner, so is there a way to disable recording service handling the EPG (I usually just update manually with Freesat info channel)?

Edited by dvbrewer

The EPG update has a lower priority than a live streaming client.

Is the DVBViewer configured correctly as streaming client?

If not > DVBViewer main menu > Help > Rec.Service Wizard

The EPG update has a lower priority than a live streaming client.

Is the DVBViewer configured correctly as streaming client?

If not > DVBViewer main menu > Help > Rec.Service Wizard

If I go to this there is nothing in the drop down box?

Very annoying to start DVBViewer & I can't watch anything live as the recording service is using the tuner, so is there a way to disable recording service handling the EPG (I usually just update manually with Freesat info channel)?

I only just started using RS recently. Are you saying you could record for example ITV1 HD on RS and watch BBC1 HD on DVBViewer using just one tuner? Well I can only watch 2 channels on the same tuner if they are on the same transponder.

Frank

This only works with the current RS.

I have current recording service installed (1.23), if I go to DVBViewer main menu > Help > Rec.Service Wizard nothing is shown & I can't type in boxes.

I only just started using RS recently. Are you saying you could record for example ITV1 HD on RS and watch BBC1 HD on DVBViewer using just one tuner? Well I can only watch 2 channels on the same tuner if they are on the same transponder.

Frank

I don't know about that, I haven't tried, but what I do know is, sometimes I turn on PC go to watch news, and DVBViewer says no hardware available as Recording service is using the tuner to update the EPG. I don't want it to do that, I want to update EPG manually.

Edited by dvbrewer

I have current recording service installed (1.23), if I go to DVBViewer main menu > Help > Rec.Service Wizard nothing is shown & I can't type in boxes.

I don't know about that, I haven't tried, but what I do know is, sometimes I turn on PC go to watch news, and DVBViewer says no hardware available as Recording service is using the tuner to update the EPG. I don't want it to do that, I want to update EPG manually.

Works for me and it can see my RS server

I can input user id & pw after I select the RS server which is in the dropdownlist.

I presume you can see your server in the dropdown list ??

Iam using the latest RS software and DVB 5.0

Frank

post-63025-0-24893400-1357166955_thumb.jpg

Works for me and it can see my RS server

I can input user id & pw after I select the RS server which is in the dropdownlist.

I presume you can see your server in the dropdown list ??

Iam using the latest RS software and DVB 5.0

Frank

I did not enable webserver when I installed recording service, so I need to do that to stop it updating the EPG :blink: ?

I did not enable webserver when I installed recording service, so I need to do that to stop it updating the EPG :blink: ?

There is an option in RS web interface "Create EPG information file" which you can turn off, not sure how what this does, I left mine ticked.

Also in DVBViewer under recording service there is an option "Download EPG from Service"

Not sure what and how to use these functions, I get EPG in RS and DVBViewer so not sure why you want to turn EPG off, maybe the developer can help you further with this.

Frank

..just uncheck "Automatic EPG Update". But most probably your configuration is not correct because the update is done in the background and shouldn't collide with timers or clients.

Also in DVBViewer under recording service there is an option "Download EPG from Service"

Aha, so under DVBViewer options>Recording Service "Enable support for the DVBViewer Recording Service" is unticked, should I tick it?

..just uncheck "Automatic EPG Update". But most probably your configuration is not correct because the update is done in the background and shouldn't collide with timers or clients.

Thanks I tried that, see what happens :bye: .