DiseqC Switch/Motor Problem

backer

Hi all,

I have a slight problem with DVBViewer when it comes to the motors from my CBand (with Positioner/motor) and Ku Band (H-H motor).

I am using DiseqC 2.0 4 port switch LNB1 is from my positioner (Cband) and LNB2 is my KU (with H-H Motor). I am using a TBS 5980 USB tuner.

I am using the recording service on my "server" PC.

On my client I am able to change satellites with my Cband dish (I use extended mode 1 - Switch committed (unchanged), 2 Internal delay 100ms, 3 Positioner preset X) without any problem (I had a previous problem but I changed my positioner box and that fixed it).

But with my Ku band setup I am having trouble getting it to move the motor. (I tried to set this up as extended 1 - Switch Committed 2, Internal Delay 100ms, 3 Positioner Angular position xxxE.

I found a work around. If I make one of my channels DiseqC POS B/Opt A and select it, it sets the switch over to the Ku Dish if i make the rest of my KU Satts as DiseqC Angular pos I am able to move and view my 5 Ku satts. Until I switch to the C BAND which then changes the switch and I can only view Cband util I manually select POSB/OPTA again to move back to port 2.

I hope this makes sense I am finding it difficult to describe. Basically if I manually select POSB/OPTA then Angular Pos works for all Ku satts but I when I try and use Extended it fails to correctly set the switch accordingly. I have tried inserting pausing 1000ms after switching/ and tried all the switch modes but it didn't help.

Seems to work ok with Easy Blind Scan Pro.

Anyone got any suggestions?

thanks

Brandon

Edited by backer

Just an update.

Sometimes I can get the Ku Satts stored and thosewill move everytime, but others won't move (unless I do the manual procedure I explained above).I am setting them up the same (except for their position).

The same with Cband I can move between 3 satts no problem but when I added another one it won't move even though its the same settings (except for the position number) as the ones that work.

EasyBlindScan seems to be able to move all sat positions on both dishes. It must be something small that is causing this.

Anyone got any clues?

I never thought this stuff would be so difficult there are so many variables.

Brandon

Your timing asking for help was quite unfortunate. Right in the middle of two major releases. As you certainly have noticed its much commotion going on. New users usually gets help right away when asking. Keep on trying getting the DVB-S/S2 experts attention, they will notice you eventually when things calms down.

Thanks majstang I will keep experimenting/reading and posting.

I still can't understand what the problem is. I can store 3 different Cband satt positions/channel and they will switch fine. If I add another it won't switch at all.

For example position 2,3 & 12 will switch but if I add another one (with the same settings except different position) position 6 and it won't switch.

I tried an experiment I took the transponder list of a satt that was on position 2 that was moving and changed it's position number to 6. When I scanned under a new name it moved the dish to position 2. That is telling me that my setting under extended are not being followed at all times.

I am using Windows 8 x64. I upgrade to the latest 5.2 DVBViewer.

Could it be possible there is some corruption in my settings?

Can the Transponder list be causing the problem? i.e missing fields (I create them with EasyBlindScan Pro but I make them compatible with DVBViewer)

There is a settings that can be cleaned perhaps it got corrupted with all my changes/playing?

Any other ideas, I think this problem could something as simple of a reset of a file setting somewhere. As it does not make sense that some sats work fine and other won't move at all. Easyblindscan Pro will move them all the time at all positions so I know the hardware is capable.

IMO your approach ist not suitable for diagnosis. There is too much involved, DVBViewer and the Recording Service, the whole client <-> server communication etc., making it difficult to pinpoint the problem.

So I would suggest to first simplify the test environment by downloading TransEdit from the members area (read the ReadMe!) and installing it on the server (!). TransEdit basically uses DVBViewer technology - DiSEqC settings and hardware handling are very similar - but additionally provides a positioner console for controlling a motor and generally makes it easier to check different settings.

Then check If this simple setup shows the same issue. If yes it is not caused by your server/client-setup but a basic problem (in this case please also read this), and we can try to solve it by finding appropriate settings in TransEdit and eventually transfer them to DVBViewer. If not someone will have to look at it who knows more about the RS/DVBViewer communication than me, particularly how channel / DiSEqC data is transferred and processed.

Hi Griga,

Thanks for the infomation. I guess I am adding too many varibles but I really like the recording service I think it's great!

I've been playing with TransEdit (4.0.2.0) and it is controlling my motor without any problems.

So the problem might be with Recording Service and DVBViewer as you have suggested.

Are there any settings in the Recording Service regarding DiSEqC that I could adjust?

I have narrowed down the problem with the Recording Service and the DiseqC Extended mode.

I need to be able to set my switch before I set my position.

If I don't use the recording service, extended mode seems to work fine.

If I do use the recording service:

If I use the Preset Position it works every time.

If I use Extended (switch and position) it only works for some of my satellites (others won't move even with identical settings other than the position).

Yes I have tried inserting pauses. Before and after.

I really believe there is a problem with using the recording service and extended mode together.

It works on some of my scans but not all and I can't find a pattern. If I don't use extended and use just preset position it works fine (but then i will have switch issues with my 2 dishes). If i don't use recording service it works fine.

As a test I just use extended with the one switch command and its not sending on some of my satts. But if I don't use extended and use pos it works all the time.

Do u think uninstalling and reinstalling the recording service will help?

Edited by backer

I think I may of solved this problem. I turned off direct tuning mode in the hardware settings under the Recording Service.

It seems to move the dishes much more reliable now.

I've been moving around my Ku and Cband Satts tonight from another room in the house over the LAN and it seems to be great!

I need to do some more tests but I think I may have finally resolved my issue!