Universal Remote Plugin 1.7

hackbart

We've published a new version of the universal remote plugin. It has been an almost complete rewrite since the last version. You can enable and disable remote devices in a separate window which could be opened after clicking the settings button:

remote.png

If you do not know which remote you use, you should press on find script. I added all common remote controls which where bundled with the devices. You can add other remotes which i will explain in a later post here.

• Like 4

We've published a new version of the universal remote plugin. It has been an almost complete rewrite since the last version. You can enable and disable remote devices in a separate window which could be opened after clicking the settings button:

attachicon.gifremote.png

If you do not know which remote you use, you should press on find script. I added all common remote controls which where bundled with the devices. You can add other remotes which i will explain in a later post here.

Does this work with Hauppauge remote? The anti-repeat function could be useful as it is too senstive for me ATM ?

• 2 months later...

I'm wanting to use DVBViewer as a permenant fixture now but I can't get my MCE remote to work apart from the transport controls(up.down etc)

I must have the TBS card remote in the loft somewhere will the MCE USB IR I have send the signals with this plugin?

my idea was to learn the codes to some oneforall remotes I have to try and satisfy the wife....

I've got everything else working just as i'd like(recording service,skin etc)

this is the only thing holding me back from ditching WMC (FINALLY)

@ Milly

I use LM Remote Keymap software for my MCE remote and it works perfect with DVBViewer and i use it for daum podplayer, if you cant find the software it let me know.

Edited by Qosmio
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Is this universal remote supposed to work? With an MCE remote it only consistently picks up the arrow buttons and OK. Other buttons like guide, recorded TV, timer etc, work maybe one press in 10.

Is there something I can do to make this work?

• 2 weeks later...

So is it that simply this plugin doesn't support anything other than arrow keys and OK on an MCE remote?

Nothing else - colours, PVR buttons etc work, except for maybe once in 20 or 30 clicks.

Is this another part of DVBViewer that doesn't work as intended? Can anyone answer?

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I have a Leadtek DTV Dongle H and i can use 8-10 buttons of remote. Universal plugin config window is empty, no remote script and no scanned devices.

I see in hid tester more hid command than i can use in plugin.

Example:

Usable with unisversal plugin:

HID (VID=$0413 PID=$60F6) = B2 00
HID (VID=$0413 PID=$60F6) = 8D
HID (VID=$0413 PID=$60F6) = 82
HID (VID=$0413 PID=$60F6) = B7 00
Unusable(icon not blink):
HID (VID=$0413 PID=$60F6) = 88
HID (VID=$0413 PID=$60F6) = 85
HID (VID=$0413 PID=$60F6) = 84
HID (VID=$0413 PID=$60F6) = 8C
Possible to add or mod the plugin this and the other commands?
Edited by bzoley
  • 2 months later...

I have a quite popular noname DVB-T2 device done by Astrometa.

http://www.amazon.de/Digital-Remote-Recorder-Receiver-Antenne/dp/B00GFF79M6

Device is built on Realtek RTL2832P chip.

I would like to get the IR remote controller working with DVBViewer. After activating Universal Remote plugin, buttons cannot be learned in input settings. Is there any existing remote plugins for Realtek chipset? Or what would be the easiest way to get this working?

BR, Juhani

Seems that Realtek is a lost case. I am now trying TeVii S660. That works fine with DVBViewer.

Would it be possible to generate keystrokes to other applications from DVBViewer plugin?

• 2 months later...

The Plugin doesn't depend on the remote control. It only depends on the IR-receiver (mostly part of the TV card).

You need to generate a mapping: remote control command > DVBViewer command (Options > Input Learn On ....).

There was a attempt to collect remote configurations. But not many people where interested in sharing there configurations and there are many IR-receiver <> remote combinations (a lot more then TV card models) and each need a separate mapping. So largely every body has to generate the mapping on its one.

By the way i've updated the universal remote. I did not made a changelog, since the only "new" feature is that i included the excluded support for NXP 7160 chips. I hope that the BSODs with cards based on this chip are gone, since TBS updated the driver a while ago.

• 8 months later...

I have a Tevii remote control and its not work goot

I can not option to teach the remote control buttons

I have windows 10 and DVBViewer 5.6.4 pro orginal that I buy

Edited by Yoramile1

I have some issue with Anti Repeat for TechnoTrend CT2-4400 card and original remote controller

I think it is not working because pressing next channel (ch+) goes to next 2 channels instead of 1. The same is for ch-. It is working only when ch+ is pressed for very short time.

I have played with antirepeat time but it has no effect for ch+ ch-. The remote is good and working fine with original TT-Viewer app.

• 2 months later...

Can I hope plugin or instruction for Astrometa DVB-T2 remote control?

Astrometa DVB-T2 Device - USB\VID_15F4&PID_0131&REV_0100&MI_00
HID Infrared Remote Receiver - USB\VID_15F4&PID_0131&REV_0100&MI_01

• 1 year later...
On 28/1/2016 at 11:53 PM, rodjd said:

This plugin is NOT COMPATIBLE with

$_35.JPG

Please make UPDATE too plugin.

Hello everybody,

This is my first post here. I have the Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT and the same Remote Control as you. And I'm finding not possible to make this RC work with DVBViewer pro either because the program seems to not detect when I press any button on the RC. Yes, I've installed the plugin and read its readme. And I've activated it in the options of the program. But when I try to map the buttons of my RC in the 'Input' section of the options, I find that task is impossible, because, no matter which button on the RC I press, the program seems to not detect any input from my control. And I've been careful enough to activate 'learn' previously, so that's not the problem. In fact, the program reacts normally if I press any key on my keyboard instead. And finally I don't think it is the receiver of my RC that is faulty, because I can clearly see its activity led reacting normally whenever I press a button on the control. So I'm completely lost. Any ideas would be much welcome.

Thank you.

Edited by Jumbotron
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A new version 1.7.0 of the Universal Remote Input Plugin is available in the Customer Area -> Input Plugins. Several nasty bugs have been fixed and a new ReadMe file has been added, that describes the plugin usage in detail.

The Universal Input Plugin integrates support for several remote control interfaces, particularly those provided by DVB devices with infrared receiver. I've tested it successfully with the following devices:

DVBSky S960C
Hauppauge Nova S2 HD
Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-935HD
TechnoTrend S2-3600
Technisat SkyStar USB HD
TT-TVStick CT2-4400 (relabeled DVBSky)

Please read more about it in the contained ReadMe file.