TV Picture colours too vivid/saturated

RJC

I am new to DVBViewer - having just upgraded from the Demo to the full version.

At this point I am still experimenting but have a simple question that someone may easily answer?

When I started out I had a good TV picture with reasonable colours.

Suddenly I find that things have gone rather extreme - orange flesh, gaudy green etc.

This is not the TV tuner or the PC, but presumably 'something' I have done.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to correct this?

How do you modify such parameters?

thanks in advance - RJC

Very likely the graphics card drivers. Unless you have touched something else inadvertingly.

Places to check:

1. picture settings on your TV/monitor

2. picture settings in the DVBViewer

3. general picture settings in the card driver

4. video picture settings in the card driver

5. EDID settings in card driver.

Make screenshots/photos of all and post them here. Details on your set-up wouldn´t harm either.

Thanks blasgl,

That was my immediate thought - but TV via another viewer is fine and also video via another player OK. Besides everything else from Desktop to applications look OK (so far).

Details on setup and screenshots etc may well follow if I cannot sort. Suspect the fastest approach may be simply to uninstall things then start again from scratch and see what comes up.

Will have a further 'play' when I get the chance.

In that case there is only option "2." left.

Maybe you use a video codec that shifts colors, or you have activated a shader without knowing. But without a support.zip or details on your set-up nobody can tell.

I have just stepped back to the DEMO installation - complete uninstall + reinstall.

Turns out I still have the same problem.

One definite part cure - under Direct X options Video Renderer appears to be relevant.

With the EVR Custom Render selected (this is the installed default) TV picture fills viewer screen but over heavy on all co;ours.

Good colour etc if VMR9 Custom Renderer selected - only problem here is that picture is only about 3/4 of total viewer screen effectively in top right hand corner

If I choose not to use custom renderers similar sort of things