Multiple instances of DVBViewer Recording Service

TIGRU.NET

It is possible? I have two tuners. I have two DVBViewer pro instances, i can record with two tuners at once. But i like

DVBViewer Recording Service and i only use it with one tuner.

Multiple RS instances are not possible and not necessary because it is able to use multiple tuners at the same time. DVBViewer has the same ability.

• Like 1

Yes, but in the second DVBViewer pro if i select the same recording service and i press tets, i get THIS ERROR: FAILED.

bjvO3t9.jpg

The same recording service if am using successfuly on the first DVBViewer pro.

Edited by TIGRU.NET

Is this one on the same PC?

127.0.0.1 is always only the local PC. And there is no password set for the RS web interface?

Try the current DVBViewer and RS. And if there is still a problem post a support.zip.

And there are user which use more then 10 tuner in one RS instance without problems.

• Like 1

Ups i forgot that i have set an user and passwords. Test passes, but how do i set which tuner to record a specific tv programme? On the second DVBViewer, If i check send timers and press record then the first, preferred tuner will start to record....

but how do i set which tuner to record a specific tv programme?

You don't

You only tell the DVBViewer/RS which tuner is able to receive which channels. If there are any differences. The rest is up to the RS.

I hate this feature, prefered tuner. I want to select exactly which tuner records which tv programme. Either a new version of dvb recording service will have this feature, either give me the possibility to run two dvb recording services.

Also in the DVBViewer pro timer recordings i can not set task priority like i can in the dvb recording service :(

I want to select exactly which tuner records which tv programme.

This can be achieved by using channel groups:

On Recording Service Options -> Hardware you can select which channel groups (A...H) a tuner shall handle. Example: If group B is checked for a tuner (and no other letter), it will only be used for channels that belong to group B and ignored for channels belonging to group A or C...H.

In the DVBViewer channel list editor you can assign a channel group to a single channel or to all channels within a folder: Right click it -> Channel Group.

• Like 1
DVBViewer pro is a great software, probably the best. Thank for trying to help. I have two tuners receiving same channels, probably associating tv tuners with channel groups make work when it comes to timer recordings.

But remeber that I also checked send timers to the recording service... I am zapping with both tuners random channels. If i see something i like on one instance of DVBViewer pro, but if the current channel belongs to a group associated with the other tuner, then the other DVBViewer pro will switch to the same channel and start to record ???

Edited by TIGRU.NET

If two tuners receiving same channels you should let the RS decide which tuner it used for which recording. Everything else will make more problems than it has possible advantage.