Problem HTTP Channel List (Transcoded Streams)

diek

Hello I have one problem when try to watch the same channel with the same http line, the problem is when use the same ffdshow param slow, slower, very slow, etc

Example, with this line I only can see 1 at the same time:

1st vlc player works ok:
#EXTINF:-1,M. LaLiga HD (AC3 spa)
http://user:pass@IP:8089/transcoded/stream.flv?preset=Flash%20HD%203600%20kbit&ffpreset=slower&track=0&subs=-&chid=2359890741309240591%7CM.%20LaLiga%20HD%20%28AC3%2Cspa%29

2on vlc player doesn't works:

#EXTINF:-1,M. LaLiga HD (AC3 spa)
http://user:pass@IP:8089/transcoded/stream.flv?preset=Flash%20HD%203600%20kbit&ffpreset=slower&track=0&subs=-&chid=2359890741309240591%7CM.%20LaLiga%20HD%20%28AC3%2Cspa%29

The second player only works if I use different encode option for example very slow

Any idea?

Thanks

I try in the same pc and different computers or with DVBViewer controller android app and have the same bad result.

I've been doing tests and the problem is with the libraries in the ffmpegprefs.ini file. If I use hardware encode (-vcodec h264_qsv) the 2 streams doesn't works at the same time. If I use soft encode (-vcodec libvpx) the 2 streams works fine.

On 12/9/2020 at 5:49 PM, diek said:

I try in the same pc and different computers or with DVBViewer controller android app and have the same bad result.

Confirmed. I can reproduce it, and it must be called a bug, because it was supposed to work at least if clients have a different IP address (= are located on different devices/PCs). I've checked it with .webm as output format. It will be fixed in the next release, except for clients on the same PC, which can't be done for certain reasons. I could explain why, but it's a longer story...

However, you can avoid the issue right now in the following ways:

• Use .ts output (transport stream). It will work and be much more efficient, because clients can share a transport stream with the same parameters, so that the Media Server doesn't have to create and transcode two separate streams.
  • Append an additional parameter to the URLs: &streamid=xyz. You can choose for xyz whatever you want (even the name of your girlfriend :)). If clients request the streams with different stream ids, it will work in any case.

Please note that flash (.flv) will not be supported by the DVBViewer Media Server anymore in future, since Adobe and all browsers will drop the support next year. So I recommend to switch over to .ts or .webm.