Technotrend CT2-4650 CI - WINDOWS 11 - No scrambled tv signal decoding

Dahl1978

Hello, 

I recently updated windows 10 to windows 11, i have a Technotrend CT2-4650 CI and the latest media server and DVBViewer. 

Now on windows 11 , i can no longer see scrambled tv channels. no data no sound, just black screen. I have used DVBViewer for more than 10 years so i would consider myself, an experienced user. 

Does any of you have similar experiences?

Or is time to buy a new Tv card ? Any suggestions? I am looking at som of the TBS cards at the moment...

Regards.

Morten

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Dahl1978:

Now on windows 11 , i can no longer see scrambled tv channels

But free channels are still working?

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Dahl1978:

I am looking at som of the TBS cards at the moment...

CI/CAM with TBS is known to be an unstable thing. However, it seems to depend on (unknown) system preconditions. For some people it works, for others it doesn't (e.g. see here). Make sure that it is returnable if you want to buy and try...

I don't have Windows 11, but the key driver (ttConnect4650_64.sys) of CT2-4650 CI is not signed by Microsoft. Can at all on the system with enabled secure boot working?

I have too this device but on Windows 10 (works without problems).

image.thumb.png.98be6f49641b515e347bad5baa99f1ed.png 

Yes, Free channels work just fine, I also have TBS5580 - USB - DVB-C Which shows free channels, but scrambled tv channels is very unstable. so i have parked it. 

Its' really annoying with this cam issue, any suggestions of a reliable ci solution in windows 10? or 11? 

I have tested both on a windows 10 machine, and both the TBS 5580 and the tehcnotrend cannot show scrambled channels, only free, an i have installed the correct drives in windows and in DVBViewer to support the CI. 

The cams have been tested in the CI port in the television, and everything works fine.. So i think is the decoding process in windows 10 / 11 that have become buggy, maybe an update or something have messed it up.

Any suggestions besides clean install Windows?

Regards. 

NB. acutally 1 scrambled channel works now and then, so it makes it even more wierd? 

14 minutes ago, jirim100 said:

If I remember correctly, during installation of DMS have to be checked "TT connect remote control" (or similar).

Yes, support for the Technotrend cam , has to be installed when you install DVBViewer. 

Technotrend CT2-4650 CI is actually DVBSky hardware (according to our hardware database). Since several years TechnoTrend only exists as brand name and reseller, not as company anymore that produces own hardware and drivers. The cheap far east stuff and customers who always want to buy the cheapest killed most of the European DVB device manufacturers.

DVBSky doesn't need an additional DLL for CI/CAM, remote control etc. DVBViewer uses a proprietary DVBSky driver interface for it. In theory, if the driver works for free channels, other parts should work as well. In my experience the DVBSky CI/CAM implementation is quite reliable. But I'm still using Windows 8.1. I've never tried it under Windows 10 or 11, following the proven guideline "Update the Windows version as late as possible" (except test environments). Early adopters are bound to suffer...

I managed it to work! 

I uninstalled DVBViewer and DVBViewer media server, cleaned registry with ccleaner restarted windows, removed technotrend and TBS units and driver, cleaned registry again, restarted windows , reinstalled DVBViewer and now technotrend works perfectly, TBS 5580, is buggy and is unstable i think i throw it away for good.. it messes DVBViewer 

So Techotrend CT 4650 still rocks! and i need a new dvbsky! .

Thx for all your replies. Much appreciated. 

Regards

Without enabled secure boot in BIOS is not possible to install Windows 11, at least as stated by Microsoft. And only drivers signed by Microsoft are allowed under Windows 11 (if I understand correctly).

Edited by jirim100