scan & stepsize

linusalba

Hi, when i make a channel scan with 5 MHz of stepsize i find some duplicate channel. What's the best stepsize for you so that i don't find duplicate and don't miss any used transponder?

bye, Marco

Guest hackbart

i'll add some "ignore double channels". The problem is the ServiceID, the only problem i have is if the same channel has different ServiceID's i'll add it to the list..

Christian

i'll add some "ignore double channels". The problem is the ServiceID, the only problem i have is if the same channel has different ServiceID's i'll add it to the list..

Christian

Hi Christian

The problem with this frequency based search is that you'll never find out the correct center frequency.Analog receivers do tune correctly because they have AGC. If you have a step size of example 5mhz and bandwith of transponder is 54 Mhz you will find 10 times the same Channels and the frequency will be about 20Mhz below the correct center frequency.

Also the SS2 tuner does detect symbolrate automaticaly if you set symbolrate to 0.That means that the predefined sysmbolrates of 27500,22000 are obsolete and could be replaced with 0(autodetect).

Is it possibe to read transponderlist from NIT and scan only given transponders ?

Cu

Flepp

• 2 months later...

Hi, what about this features? Do you think you'll develop? :)

Bye bye, Marco

I've prepared some code for Christian which should kick those duplicates (they are still found, but no longer stored), and I'll send it to him right away... maybe he did something similar by himself in the meantime, then we'll have another duplicate :) but I'm sure you won't mind this one.

Cheers

Griga

• 3 years later...
I've prepared some code for Christian which should kick those duplicates (they are still found, but no longer stored), and I'll send it to him right away... maybe he did something similar by himself in the meantime, then we'll have another duplicate :blink: but I'm sure you won't mind this one.

Cheers

Griga

Hi.

I bought DVBViewer Pro few weeks ago and found a problem that I think might be related to this issue.

I have FireDTV and when I scan in MyTheatre I get the same channel on 3 different frequencies:

482MHz, 554MHz and 778MHz

But DVTViewer only add the first frequency (482HHz) but ignore the other 2 frequencies.

The problem is that I need 554MHz because it's a strongest frequency for that channel.

What to do?

Please help!

:bye:

Griga Mar 16 2003, 01:16 AM

Hey, you've really digged deep :blink:

Questions:

1) Why do you use this "blind scan" feature and not a transponderlist? I'd only use it for checking single frequencies that are not included in such a list.

2) What kind of DVB network do you scan?

3) Did you already try TransEdit (see members area, more information here).

Hey, you've really digged deep :blink:

Questions:

1) Why do you use this "blind scan" feature and not a transponderlist? I'd only use it for checking single frequencies that are not included in such a list.

2) What kind of DVB network do you scan?

3) Did you already try TransEdit (see members area, more information here).

Well I did a search.

1. I use Europe.ini to scan for freq. I guess that is a transponder list ?

2. DVB-T Terrestrial (Sweden)

3. No. Why? Will that help?

I'm quite new to this so please have mercy with me…

1) Yes, it is. Now I'm getting it right. You don't use the "blind scan" feature, to which the previous postings are related - that misleaded me (it's only available for DVB-S anyway). It rather looks like you're receiving the same channels from different DVB-T regions.

3) Yes. TransEdit won't kick double results.

However, I suppose DVBViewer Pro will keep them too if you tick "Sort by frequency" instead of "Sort by provider" in the scanner window, because in this case channels with a different frequency go to different category folders.

Suggestion to the Pro devs (if one of them happens to drop by): "Sort by frequency" should be ticked by default in case of DVB-T. Saves some trouble...

1) Yes, it is. Now I'm getting it right. You don't use the "blind scan" feature, to which the previous postings are related - that misleaded me (it's only available for DVB-S anyway). It rather looks like you're receiving the same channels from different DVB-T regions.

3) Yes. TransEdit won't kick double results.

However, I suppose DVBViewer Pro will keep them too if you tick "Sort by frequency" instead of "Sort by provider" in the scanner window, because in this case channels with a different frequency go to different category folders.

Suggestion to the Pro devs (if one of them happens to drop by): "Sort by frequency" should be ticked by default in case of DVB-T. Saves some trouble...

Yes, I got it working, yesterday... :blink:

It's working fine in TransEdit. I'm making my own transponder list and get all channels on the right freq.

1. But I can't save/export the list? Why?

2. And how to import the list to DVBViewer ?

3. I'm also editing the Europe.ini in Notepad and save it. Then restart the DVBViewer. Just putting EUR2 as a debugger... :D

------------------

[sATTYPE]

1=5000

2=Terrestrial (EUR2)

[DVB]

0=5

1=506000,8

2=530000,8

3=554000,8

4=730000,8

5=754000,8

------------------