What to take in account after v1.26

Phyxsius7

There is no need to use an older version, the latest one is just fine. We did not changed the ci handling classes since a while.

@Christian

Test with the current DVBViewer have been don, see prior posts in this topic.

If you are looking for additional informations, you must be more specific.

seeing that there was no responds for along time, I am assuming that you are wiating for me.

DVBViewer pro 5.5.2.0 reacts the same way as RS v1.32

I prefer to confirm by doing the same test with DVBViewer pro that stand equal to Rs v1.26.

According to Tjod it should be DVBViewer pro v5.1

Besides Christian (hackbart) nobody can really help here any further.

And Christian isn't that active here in the forum. So maybe try it via eMail.

Ask which information might be helpful which aren't already in this topic here.

(an if he asks for informations already here in the topic just copy and paste them in the email ;))

• 1 month later...

I would gladly ask, which I did.

Unfortunately I do not get any responds to ANY of my emails that I have send.

Is there something I am missing, why I do not get any responds?

I can image that we are all busy but 1 month should be more than enough time.

This not proper practice.

As i already said multiple times: there is no way to get older versions, than those available in the members area.

I am not asking for a older version. I am asking for a solution whereby RS 1.32 will function with my TBS 6982.

and because I would like to systematically exclude the cause I requested "DVBViewer pro version that stand equal to recording service v1.26".

My goal is still that would like to be able to use RS 1.32.

*) Tried out a lot of unencrypted channels and found that some channels do not show video when chosen from a stopt position. These channels do show video when chosen from a already playing channel.

That reminds me of another typical TBS problem. TBS DVB-S devices switch the LNB power off while they are not used and switch it on again as soon as tuning takes place.

However, in case DiSEqC commands have to be sent the timing becomes critical. The DiSEqC switch may not have completed power up when the TBS device sends the DiSEqC command, or the voltage is not stable enough in this early stage.

A measure that usually helps in this case is letting the Recording Service send the DiSEqC command more than once. You can configure it in the following way:

(1) Stop the RS

(2) Open the file svchardware.xml in the config sub-directory of the Configuration Folder with a text editor. You will see a line

<entry name="DiSEqCCount">1</entry>

for each DVB-S tuner.

(3) Increase the value from 1 to 2 or even 3 and save the file

(4) Start the RS and try if it works better than before.

...and please don't ask why this is working in RS 1.26, but not in later versions. :) I've checked the code again but found no difference concerning DiSEqC timing. However, even small timing differences - maybe due to optimisation - may cause a different behaviour in such cases.

Another possible reason is that the former RS developer (Lars), who died in the time between the 1.26 and 1.27 release, has changed something after the 1.26 release that we don't know. Unfortunately we cannot ask him anymore...