What to take in account after v1.26

Phyxsius7

Hello,

I am trying to find a answer to this question since I am stuck on version v1.26.

I have spends quite some time (4+ hours) searching (DVBViewer forum, google, etc, mainly the 1st),

There are considerable amount of other users with the same problem at this forum but unfortunately all without a clear answer.

The main problem is that streaming with DVBViewer Recording Service v1.26 works fine but after upgrade to anything above v1.26 results in not being able to stream.

After going back to v1.26, streaming functions fine again.

So I would like to know what has changed so that I can take it in account and upgrade my installatie to the latest.

I think it is a fare question from a paying customer.

Many thanks in advanced,

Phyxsius7

I''ve had similar problems. uPNP streaming works for a while then stops. Can't stream in Kodi and can't stream through the RS web renderer.

I found this log file full of errors.

Streaming stops working; Recordings still record OK, the service is still responsive, the web interface itself is fine.

Can browse DVBViewer uPNP but attempting to stream media fails, just times out.

Worked fine for weeks, then stopped. Will try a reboot now to see if it comes back to life.

Is streaming in the Web interface an RTSP effected as well or only UPnP.

And for UPnP only live TV or recordings as well?

But without a support.zip and a description what was done and what didn't work in the time before generating the zip (to correlate the informations with the log), it is impossible to know what may have caused the problem.

I don't know of a general problem. And for problems only occur by some users. They need to deliver a lot more informations to make it able to detect the reason e.g. find conmen things between all defected users. Which are nt present in not effected systems.

Yes, it mainly affects recordings. Really, that's all I use DVBViewer for now. The client is a small NUC that just runs OpenELEC Kodi. Freesat integrated TV so live TV is direct on that, DVBViewer not involved.

I use the DVBViewer plugin for Kodi for live TV. Usually it's when that stops playing recordings that I notice something is wrong.

I'll get and post a support.zip although it may be misleading - DVBVewer is only installed on that server because the Recording Service won't install without it. And to do some channel management.

It took a while to reply, my appoligies.

My initial problem is:

The main problem is that streaming with DVBViewer Recording Service v1.26 works fine but after upgrade to anything above v1.26 results in not being able to stream.

After going back to v1.26, streaming functions fine again.

System specs:

PCI-E card: TBS 6982 DVBS/S2 DUAL tuner

DVBViewer Pro 5.5.0.0

Recording Service: v1.32 or v1.26

I have done the following in the meantime:

· Taken screeshots of all settings of RS v1.26

· Uninstalled v1.26 including the data files.

· Installed v1.32 and when through the settings option. Not much to do there.

(see attachment for settings comparison)

· Restarted system

· Tried to start stream with VLC or Kodi or DVBViewer Pro, without a positief resolt.

Firewall/virus scanner (Norton Internet Security)

· I have made exeption here for the complete DVBViewer install dir (Program Files (x86), ProgramData and Appdata) and all the executables within.

· Checking the Log of Norton Internet Security showd no relevant programs being blocked.

· After this streaming still was not possible

· At this point I uninstalled Norton Internet Security rebooted and turned of Windows firewall and Windows Defender and rebooted again.

· Streaming was still not possible.

Additional info:

· I always use the Recording Service Wizard.

· When starting a stream with the use of RS v1.32, it takes sometime to start and eventually it will go to a black screen, the player counter is running and sometimes there will even be sound but not from the channel I have selected (abvious do to the fact that it is in a different language).

It is my belief that any version of RS above v1.26 is not functioning correctly with my TBS 6982. Which would be strange seeing that TBS Technologies is promoting DVBViewer.

support.zip

There are a lot of "Access violation" error in the DVBViewer log. So in the first step rename the plugins folder. So that no plugins are involved in the test.

Are you using DiseQ?

Then try if the card works with DVBViewer Pro 5.5.2.

Stop the RS and set the RTSP device in Options > Hardware to don't use.

And the real hardware to normal.

And then start the DVBViewer via start menu DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode)

and try to tun a channel. If it doesn't work try a channel scan. And post a new support.zip

So you don't get a TV picture in DVBViewer 5.5.2 at all with the TBS 6982?

(try with not encrypted channels)

Did the DVBViewer crash or was it open during support.zip generation?

Can you try if TransEdit 4.1 Beta from the Members Section (place the TransEdit.exe in the DVBViewer Program folder) is able to scan channels. Or show a picture in the Previe (select a Transponder with channels on it > Analyze > select a video stream > right kick)

In case of problems with a TBS card the first thing I would try is to remove the TbsCIapi.dll (version 1.0.1.6 according to the SystemInfo.txt in the support.zip above) from the DVBViewer installation because it's a known trouble maker. Does it work better without it?

The DLL is required for CI usage, so encrypted channels won't work without it.

@Tjod

Transedit is able to scan for channels and SOME free channels can be previewed.

@Griga

I have tried without the TbsCIapi.dll (removed it from the install dir)

Did not make a difference.

I am not sure what this has to do with my initial problem (not surprising as I do not have in depth knowledge) but I trust you guys know what you are doing.

We just try to narrow the cause of the issue down.

I have tried without the TbsCIapi.dll (removed it from the install dir)

Did not make a difference.

What about unchecking Options -> Hardware -> Has CI?

The only significant difference in the TBS specific code between 1.26 and today (and between TransEdit and the RS) is the CI handling.

So it seams the problem only exists if "Has CI" is enabled? Or is there a difference in the behaviour if you disable "Has CI" between RS 1.26 and the current version?

If "Has CI" is enabled dose it only effects encrypted channels or all channels?

Test only with not encrypted channels.

"Has CI" disabled

are there any channels you can receive in RS 1.26 but not in RS 1.32?

"Has CI" enabled RS 1.32

can you stream not encrypted channels?

not sure what the goal is of this test but there are to many not encrypted channels to test, also I 1 or 2 not encrypted channels that I watch.

As stated before, there are not encrypted channels that I can stream with v1.26 as well as with v1.32

It is the goal to see if the problem only effects encrypted channels (if only the CI support is a problem).

You can't test all channels. But if you have a unencrypted channel that doesn't work in RS 1.32 you should check this one in RS 1.26.

most of them seem to function

because this indicates that there are problems with some.

And the second question is if "Has CI" disabled/enabled in RS 1.32? has any influence on unencrypted channels.

The test results suggest that some change in the TBS CI handling after RS 1.26 causes the problem, maybe the following (from the 1.27 change log):

• Add: Hardware: Support for multiple TBS CI modules. Requires an according number of tbsCIapi.dll copies in the installation directory (numbered consecutively beginning with tbsCIapi1.dll, tbsCIapi2.dll etc, as much as needed).

I've informed Christian (who implemented the multiple CI support) about the matter.

I have done the test you have requested and found differences between v1.26 and v1.32 regarding not being able to see unencrypted channels.

What I have done:

uninstalled v1.26

installed v1.32

disabled 'Has CI"

*) Tried out a lot of unencrypted channels and found that some channels do not show video when chosen from a stopt position. These channels do show video when chosen from a already playing channel.

I have made screenshot from 2 channels that do NOT show video from stop position and 2 screenshots from visa versa.

Enabled 'Has CI"

but this did make any difference from the above found statement.

uninstalled v1.32

installed v1.26

disabled 'Has CI"

All channels show video regardless if they are started from a stopt or already playing position.
Enabled 'Has CI"
same result (All channels show video regardless if they are started from a stopt or already playing position.)
-------------

uninstalled v1.26

installed v1.32

renamed tbsCIapi.dll to tbsCIapi1.dll and created a copy and renamed it to tbsCIapi2.dll, both files (tbsCIapi1.dll & tbsCIapi2.dll) in the same directory as the original (tbsCIapi.dll).

This did not effect the result in the above test *) ALSO encrypted channels still do not function.

uninstalled v1.32

installed v1.26

All channels show video regardless if they are started from a stopt or already playing position or are encrypted or unencrypted.

Hope his helps.

Kind regards,

Phyxsius7

post-145339-0-72274500-1456694036_thumb.png

post-145339-0-33563800-1456694037_thumb.png

post-145339-0-85760100-1456694037_thumb.png

post-145339-0-41442200-1456694038_thumb.png

This does not have anything to do with the changes for multiple tbs ci cams. Frankly the responsible code is a 4 liner and has a fall back for the old code, if no additional tbscicam dll's are found. Is this dll inside the recording service folder? TBS Changed the API in the same time, when i added the support for multiple cams with their cards. Older versions should not work properly. I just crossread the last posts, so forgive me if i ask this: Did you tested the device with the latest DVBViewer and without recording service? And did you made sure that you also use the latest tbscicam.dll? (looked in your support.zip which points to the latest version). Also don't use the remote control plugin from TBS.

Christian

With the help of the hardware store, I briefly got in contact with someone who has a similar setup as mine,

the hardware is different but the software is the same, same OS and DVBViewer version, etc.

What is interesting is that he has a different DVB-s2 card, a dvbsky 952 v3 and does not have the issue I have with RS v1.32.

This does confirm that the issue could be relayed on how the hardware is handled.

Well actually the hardware codebase inside all of our products (DVBViewer, DVBViewer OEM, Transedit*, Recording Service, Third Party Products) is equal. So it is pretty uncommon if one of the products work while others don't - at least if it comes to hardware related issues. It is nice to hear if it now works for you, but well it still leaves some questions in mind. From our point of view: The most devices are using our OEM software and work like intend, which means the other projects should also work. There might be problems if we refractor the code or update for newer devices, but keep in mind that these products are mass products, so it is unlikely that we won't get bug reports for certain cases én masse within a small time period. So issues like yours are extremely rare, which makes them special. Even if we are curious to figure out what goes wrong, it is probably not a direct issue with our code ;)

Christian

thank you for your reply but I am not clear regarding your comment:

"It is nice to hear if it now works for you, but well it still leaves some questions in mind."

Because the issue is still not solved.

My previous post was to inform you of my findings. Maybe it could help us further.

Edited by Phyxsius7

I would like to know if it does work with the OEM or the DVBViewer without using the recording service.

Hi Christian,

Would you like me to uninstall recording service or just change the settings within DVBViewer?

Also I would like to know which version of DVBViewer stand equal to recording service v1.26?

Thanks,

The DVBViewer OEM version is the TBSviewer http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/

You can install it besides DVBViewer Pro in its own folder. But you have to stop the RS if you test with it.

DVBViewer Pro 5.1 should be the nearest to RS 1.26.

And you don't need to uninstall the RS. stopping it is enough.

And a tip for testing with multiple versions. Save the DVBViewer.exe/DVBVservice.exe from the old Version an then install the current version.

And save the DVBViewer.exe/DVBVservice.exe as well. For most tests it is enough to replace the .exe. But I would recommend using the current version of all other files.

So you don't introduce problems in the current version through mismatching versions. Because we try to investigate problems there.

I am not able to check my home drive at the moment but where might i find this DVBViewer Pro 5.1 version?
I would like to start the test this weekend.