Newbie missing BBC

Andyba

So I'm a complete beginner... just unpacked my Skystar2 this am, and managed to get it working and scanning connected to my Sky digital LNB and dish.

I presume I'm using Astra 2A / B / D.

A scan using this selection finds loads of stuff, BskyB as I'd expect, but for some reason no BBC is found by the scan.

With my limited knowledge I managed to manually re-configure one of the channels to BBC1 settings found from http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html and received BBC1, so it is out there, and my setup can receive it, but why is the scan missing it and all the other BBC stuff?

What am I missing?

Any FAQ's about for complete beginners?

Rgds

I’m grateful for the file. It’s helped significantly. One strange issue however.

The scan finds TP47 10803H, but places them all in “not defined”. Both the audio and TV channels are in their respective “not defined” areas, but are only shown with noname SID=****.

There is also some other stuff in “not defined” but that seems to trace back Sky DVD Videoguard, so I will ignore that.

As far as I can see everything else scans in correctly, apart from TP47! Is it just a matter of renaming / re-categorising these services correctly, or is it more subtle, with perhaps EPG side issues?

Thanks again. Andy