Prevent shutdown on scheduled recordings

Saigon

Hi,

the option in general settings to prevent shutdown when there are scheduled recordings due in less than selected time is not working. Regardless of what I do DVBViewer shutdowns when I have selected Close DVBViewer as a default action after recordings.

This is a problem, because if there is a recording scheduled shortly after the previous one ends, the windows task scheduler does not function since the time code is less than current time. This is because the scheduler starts the task before the actual recording starts. This is avoidable by selecting not to close DVBViewer after recordings (defeats the purpose) or changing the marginals to minimal and keeping sure that you don't schedule recordings with too tight ending and starting times. This however requires extra vigilance and is stupid if we really have a feature to prevent that.

Also there is a typo in the text, it reads ist instead of is in the options, and there is no mention of this feature in the manual.

Another thing is that the recording indicator that is overlayed to the screen when there is a recording going on is not always showing. I tried to find out when exactly this happens but it was too random for me to find out.

Hi,

the option in general settings to prevent shutdown when there are scheduled recordings due in less than selected time is not working. Regardless of what I do DVBViewer shutdowns when I have selected Close DVBViewer as a default action after recordings.

This is a problem, because if there is a recording scheduled shortly after the previous one ends, the windows task scheduler does not function since the time code is less than current time. This is because the scheduler starts the task before the actual recording starts. This is avoidable by selecting not to close DVBViewer after recordings (defeats the purpose) or changing the marginals to minimal and keeping sure that you don't schedule recordings with too tight ending and starting times. This however requires extra vigilance and is stupid if we really have a feature to prevent that.

Also there is a typo in the text, it reads ist instead of is in the options, and there is no mention of this feature in the manual.

Another thing is that the recording indicator that is overlayed to the screen when there is a recording going on is not always showing. I tried to find out when exactly this happens but it was too random for me to find out.

After reading the Settings page I interpret it to not close after a selected time when the program is terminated manually, not by a scheduled recording.

Regards, Kenneth.

After reading the Settings page I interpret it to not close after a selected time when the program is terminated manually, not by a scheduled recording.

Regards, Kenneth.

Well, it does not prevent manual shutdown either. For example I have a recording due in 7 minutes and the shutdown limit is set at 15 minutes, I can still close DVBViewer without any confirmation dialog to pop up.

No, I don't use OSD. I close it from the menu exit, or more presicely the X in the right top corner or alt-f4.

I thought this feature would work like the one that prevents you from closing DVBViewer when it is recording, i.e. so that it pops up some dialog for you to confirm the exit. The same behaviour happens whether I have Disable OSD selected from the settings or not, although the confirmation dialog to close DVBViewer when recording shows either in OSD or as a windows dialog according to selection.

Guest Lars_MQ

First I discovered a problem in the detection routine if the upcoming recording is shorter than the nextrecordtime in the options. This will be fixed.

The Shutdown prevention works:

- if a record timer tries to shutdown.

- if you close the DVBViewer via OSD/RCPowerbutton and have not disabled the exitmessage.