Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T PCI

nesterovsmith

I'd like to try out DVBViewer before purchase. I have problems with the Hauppage software and the favourite list giving me Explorer errors.

I have downloaded your TransEdit MMC thinking I could check out whether it can see the WinTV-NOVA-T PCI card, but the Device List window is empty and the channel search appears not to find anything!

I'm new to bulletin boards and digital TV (sorry).

First, could you confirm that your software should work with my Hauppage Terrestrial Digital TV board?

I have just set up a pay-pal account and will be happy to purchase once I can test that it can operate with my board. I'm running XP pro and its quite a fast high spec PC.

Secondly, what would I need to do, to stream the video/sound info to another PC on my home network? Is this possible? It would be great to be able to watch the news in my study with the TV PC in the lounge for example.

Hope you can help,

best Regards

Les

Exactly what card do you have? I have older Nova T PCI (with Philips chip) and newer Nova T PCI (Conexant, 90002). Both work well in DVBViewer Pro. I have never tested original remote control.

Exactly what card do you have?  I have older Nova T PCI (with Philips chip)  and newer Nova T PCI (Conexant, 90002). Both work well in DVBViewer Pro. I have never tested original remote control.

DVBViewer works fine with the Nova-t and the remote works well with a few modifications to the irremote.ini file found in the Windows folder.

You can program all the buttons on the 45 button remote.

Regards, Kenneth.

I added these lines in the [DEFAULT] section of irremote.ini and altered the keyboard keys in DVBViewer options-input to match.

;;DVBViewer

RED={f5}

GREEN={f6}

YELLOW={f7}

BLUE={f8}

BACK={space}

CHNLUP={up}

CHNLDOWN={down}

TV={f4}

GUIDE={shift}e

TVNEW={run("..\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" -c1)}

MENU={enter}

GO={switch(*task*)}{shift}{tab}

PICTURES={f12}

RADIO={run("..\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" -c40)}

VIDEOS={run("..\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe")}

REC={shift}r

CHNLPREV=f

SUBCC={alt}{space}n

0=0

1=1

2=2

3=3

4=4

5=5

6=6

7=7

8=8

9=9

Regards, Kenneth.

I have added these lines in the [DEFAULT] section of irremote.ini.

;;DVBViewer

RED={f5}

GREEN={f6}

YELLOW={f7}

BLUE={f8}

BACK={space}

CHNLUP={up}

CHNLDOWN={down}

TV={f4}

GUIDE={shift}e

TVNEW={run("..\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" -c1)}

MENU={enter}

GO={switch(*task*)}{shift}{tab}

PICTURES={f12}

RADIO={run("..\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" -c40)}

VIDEOS={run("..\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe")}

REC={shift}r

CHNLPREV=f

SUBCC={alt}{space}n

0=0

1=1

2=2

3=3

4=4

5=5

6=6

7=7

8=8

9=9

Do i need to delete anything there?

I have also tried to modify keyboard keys in DVBViewer. whatever i try the only buttons that work are the volume controls.

Is there any chance of a bit more indepth discription of the process.

Please help im stupid

RED={f5} ;OSD

GREEN={f6};OSD

YELLOW={f7};OSD

BLUE={f8};OSD

BACK={space};exit OSD or back to previous option

CHNLUP={up};up arrow

CHNLDOWN={down};down arrow

GUIDE={shift}e;EPG guide

TVNEW={run("..\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" -c1)};opens DVBViewer in BBC1

MENU={enter};now/next menu

GO={switch(*task*)}{shift}{tab};selects programs in taskbar

PICTURES={f12};takes a snapshot

RADIO={run("..\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" -c40)};opens DVBViewer in Radio4

VIDEOS={run("..\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe")};opens PowerDVD

REC={shift}r;one touch recording, urrent channel

CHNLPREV=f;back to previous channel

SUBCC={alt}{space}n;minimize open window

When you have set up your ini file make sure that the same keys in DVBViewer options-input do the same action. In the channel section of Options-input only the keyboard keys are configured so configure the keypad keys as well (click on number 0, click on Learn, click keypad 0, continue doing all the other numbers) then the remote number keys will work.

You can personlise any of your remote keys to perform the actions you want as long as you also change the Options-Input keys to match.

Regards, Kenneth.

• 7 years later...

Exactly what card do you have? I have older Nova T PCI (with Philips chip) and newer Nova T PCI (Conexant, 90002). Both work well in DVBViewer Pro. I have never tested original remote control.

Can you help me to find BDA driver for that old card (Philips chip)? I still have Windows XP and original Hauppauge drivers and app works, but DVBViewer doesn't see it. I know, it needs BDA driver, but where download it? This card is very old, so all forums related links are obsolete. Has it anybody still at your PC? Thanks.