EPG data - mixed content

RaStr

Hi, I use DVBViewer 3.2.5 for DVB-T only and I have the following problem:

I have couple of channels stored in my channel list from three different providers (or transmit channels), some of them are duplicate, i.e. the same TV channels on different "transponder", some are not. Whenever I switch to a channel from different provider, I get mixed data in EPG list, i.e. programs from one TV station assigned to different station, or even to a TV station which doesn't transmit EPG info at all. I have tried even to disable EPG reception on channels from other providers (data streams) than only one, but this doesn't help either. Looks like DVBViewer adds data to EPG list based on Service PID (or something like that) not depending on the selected data-stream (channel or frequency to define it) and because here we have same Service PIDs for different content from different broadcasters, the result is a big mess and the only solution is to shutdown the DVBViewer and delete the epg.dat file and then it works fine until I switch the channel again. My question is: I am doing something wrong, or is this a "feature"/bug in DVBViewer or is it a non-standard TS structure used here (Czech Republic - partially experimental DVB-T broadcasting) ?

Thx.,

Radek.

Looks like DVBViewer adds data to EPG list based on Service PID

It's based on Service ID *and* Transportstream ID. The latter isn't visible in the channellist window, but you can examine it by exporting your channellist as ini file and opening it with a text editor. Look for the entry "StreamID" and check if there are reasonable values assigned to different channels. If not, try to rescan.

According to the DVB specifications, two channels on a transponder must never use the same Service ID, and all transponders within a network must have a different transportstream ID.

EPG data doesn't contain a "frequency link", so this value can't be used. Wouldn't make sense anyway.

partially experimental DVB-T broadcasting

Maybe the broadcasters are still trying to get it right...