channel switching

kpars

Dear All,

I use DVBViewer for my HTPC setup. I have three subjects:

1) When I switch channels, after a bad signal channel that does not show, the software locks for some time than changes channel. This does not happen in any software. Is this my fault or normal for DVBViewer?

2) Also I can not go to channels after 9th channel by keyboard. it only works up to 9. If I want to write "15" the program goes to 1st channel than 5th. This also may be my fault but could not figure it out.

3) When I put the channels to favorite folder the software does not re number the channels. So the first channel number can be "58", the second "124".. etc. This is hard to use.

Help me please...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lars_MQ

1. normal, the viewer tries to get a lock.

2. Doesn't work for favorites, define in options -> input channel0..channel9 for the number keys.

3. Don't understand. why and what should it renumber?

4. you will be teached forum rules till you follow them >_<

Dear Lars,

Thank you for your reply.

1. I believe that it must be possible to switch channels during lockup. This saves time and it is like that in most softwares and hardwares (receivers). If a channel has a problem it is nice to zap it immediately.

2. I did it as you said .. thanks...

3. If the software renumbers the FAVORITE channels again it would be easier to control it via remote. That was why I prefer renumbering.

4. I promise to follow forum rules as long as I get the promised support during registiration. I respect your work.

Once again thank you for your support.

Looking forward to fast channel switching and easy to control softwares.