Twinhan / MCE 2005!

djrob

Hi,

heute lud ich mir den neue BDA Treiber für meine Starbox USB 2.0 herunter, um die Funktionsweise mit dem DVBViewer zu testen - leider negativ :) Allerdings fiel mir dabei eine Readme-Datei im ZipArchiv ins Auge, die die Installation unter der Windows Media Center Edition 2005 beschreibt. Es soll wohl mit Hilfe dieses BDA Treibers und eines Tools ein DVB-S Empfang möglich sein durch einen Fake der DVB-T Frequenzen, wie das auch schon von Hauppauge und Technotrend praktiziert wird. Hat das schon jemand ausprobiert? Würde mich brennend interessieren! Hier die Readme:

ODSOFT's patch utility can enable DVB-S cards in MCE2005.

Microsoft's MCE2005 supports only DVB-T, and the utility provides a pseudo BDA DVB-T filter interface which transfers

DVB-S streams to DVB-T.

The steps to use Twinhan's DVB-S BDA driver in MCE2005 ,

1.  Install fully featured MCE with drivers and DVD Decoder

2.  Install Twinhan's BDA driver Inf/Sys files in the folder \WinXP

3.  Installation ODSOFT's DVB-S Application

a. Run Setup

b .  Choose Language ¡V  German or English

c.  Please wait until all the Universal driver devices are installed

i.    There are 4 devices ¡V Universal Capture #1 and #2, Universal Tuner #1 and #2

ii.    Do not search for he driver on the WEB, choose automatically serach and the driver will be found

d.    A  system restart is required when the application setup is done.

4.  After the reboot, please double click on the file DVBS_MCE_TH13.reg in this Twinhan's driver package.

(It will register Twinhan's filter name to ODSOFT's support list.)

After it's registerred, reboot the system again.

5.  After the reboot please run the MCE TV Configuration

6.  Follow the path for DVB-T ¡V this is needed if you have a DVB-T or/and a Analog Tuner in the System as well

If you have just DVB-S, there will be no menu available to choose DVB-T, Analog, etc.

7.  Currently there is ASTRA enabled as default satellite (short list)

8.  If you want to choose a different one please go through the configuration plug in under the menu item "More Programs".

Known issue,

Current ODSOFT's application does not support 22K/DiSEqC switch with Twinhan's new BDA driver well.

In case these is a DiSEqC switch, MCE may fail to scan any channel.

Hi

From where can i get this ODSOFT's patch utility?

I downloaded TwinHan BDA driver 1.2.3.0 and it has no ODSOFT's patch utility, I just found a DVBS_MCE_TH13.reg and the DVBS_MCE text file says:

Microsoft DVB-S patch utility can enable DVB-S cards in MCE2005.

Native Microsoft's MCE2005 supports only DVB-T, and the utility provides a pseudo BDA DVB-T filter interface

which transfers DVB-S streams to DVB-T.

The steps to use Twinhan's DVB-S BDA driver in MCE2005 ,

1.  Install fully featured MCE with drivers and DVD Decoder

2.  Install Twinhan's BDA driver Inf/Sys files in the folder \WinXP

3.  Installation Microsoft DVB-S patch utility

a. Run Setup

b .  Choose Language ¡V  German or English

c.  Please wait until all the Universal driver devices are installed

i.    There are 4 devices ¡V Universal Capture #1 and #2, Universal Tuner #1 and #2

ii.    Do not search for he driver on the WEB, choose automatically serach and the driver will be found

d.    A  system restart is required when the application setup is done.

4.  After the reboot, please double click on the file DVBS_MCE_TH13.reg in this Twinhan's driver package.

(It will register Twinhan's filter name to Microsoft DVB-S support list.)

After it's registerred, reboot the system again.

5.  After the reboot please run the MCE TV Configuration

6.  Follow the path for DVB-T ¡V this is needed if you have a DVB-T or/and a Analog Tuner in the System as well

If you have just DVB-S, there will be no menu available to choose DVB-T, Analog, etc.

7.  Currently there is ASTRA enabled as default satellite (short list)

8.  If you want to choose a different one please go through the configuration plug in under the menu item "More Programs".

Known issue,

Current Microsoft DVB-S application does not support 22K/DiSEqC switch with Twinhan's new BDA driver well.

In case these is a DiSEqC switch, MCE may fail to scan any channel.

As you can see the difference between the two files is that they replaced every ODSOFT word with Microsoft.

That's interesting! Maybe they talk about the upcoming Microsoft DVB-S Support!

Did you try the new 1.2.3.0 manual? The old one did not work with my starbox.

I tried it but i think there is something missing cause i cant find any DVB-S patch utility that install 4 drivers in my machine, I just find the DVBS_MCE_TH13.reg which add some cards information to the registery under the name of ODSOFT which prove that they use ODSOFT patch.

Anyway it seems they removed DVBS_MCE_TH13.reg and the DVBS_MCE text file from the TwinHan BDA driver 1.2.3.0 :D I just downloaded it again and I couldnt find these files !!!

Can you send me your version of the driver, i really want to test it on my machine

please send it to datorservice(at)gmail.com

thanx

I am running a Skystar 1 CI (which is a TwinhanDTV Sat-CI in disguise) on MCE 2005.

Using BDA driver 1.2.3.0 and excactly as you say there is no patch tool in there.

Heard about some kind of hack to make DVB-S work in MCE, but can't find anything about it anywhere.

So I am very interested in hearing how things go for you.

I sent the old BDA driver to you, please try and post! But I think it won't work without the mysterious patchtool...

Thanx for the driver you send, but it will not work with my card, and it also not contain the patch tool they are talking about :D

Anyway I sent email to TwinHan online support asking them about this patch tool, i hope to get answer from them. I will post the answer as soon as I get it from Twinhan.

But I am sure there is a patch tool from ODSOFT, because ODSOFT make DVB viewing program and it is a german company and the instruction file mention that u choose a language between german and english. I searched ODSOFT website but i didnt find any patch tool for MCE can you try guys specially that u can german ;)

Regards

Max

You guys still remember this is the DVBViewer and not MCE or Twinhan or Odsoft Forum, right?

Sure, and I want to thank you for this great forum.

We are just sharing our interest about the DBA drivers for the DVB cards :D sorry if this is not allowed in this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

TwinHan Release MCE DVB-S Plug in for TwinHan DVB-S PCI card series

TwinHan release MCE DVB-S Plug in with BDA driver V1.2.3.1 for TwinHan DVB-S PCI cards to let user can enjot DVB-S on their MCE2005 system. (Note1: BDA driver and MCE certificated decorder are needed for MCE plug in) (Note2: This beta version only supports some specific satellites, more satellites supported may be added in the future) (Note3: This Plug in only support Free To Air channels, Pay channels will be supported in future release)