Record timeshift buffer

CX23882-19

Is there any way to record the time-shift buffer? I know that you can choose "Keep timeshift file", which does work, but it's a bit clumsy compared to being able to rewind 15 minutes and start recording from that point (as with MyTheatre).

Guest Lars_MQ

No you can't, but you can convert your timeshift file to a mpeg file -> optionen -> recordings -> timeshift. Or you start a instantrecording and use it as a kind of timeshift.

• 4 years later...

Sorry for replying to this old topic but I've wanted to know if now there is a possibility in DVBViewer to record to a file from the timeshift buffer?

I know there is an option to keep the buffer file and cut it with other tools but that's not what I'm searching for.

The reason why I'm asking is that I sometimes want to record some video clips from the buffer directly without having to edit/cut them with other tools. That is and was working for me with all PVR STBs that I owned and also with MyTheatre very well since many many years. Now I've bought DVBViewer and am very unhappy that this "very simple" function doesn't seem to work correctly in DVBViewer. I only get useless files when I try to record to file from the buffer.

Is there an option available to get it working somehow (maybe a plugin, e.g)?

Thanks!

thanks for the reply. I'm already using this version of DVBViewer. The problem I have with this feature is that "start a recording in timeshift mode" is working correctly but stopping the recording doesn't work as it should. Hopefully it's possible to understand the problem with following description:

Timeshift Buffer: |====================================|

Single file to be recorded: |<-------->|

in MyTheatre and PVR STBs it's looking like this (start/stop defines the beginning/end of file to be recorded, --> record of single clips is possible):

|==|<startREC--File1--stopREC>|=========|<startREC--File2--stopREC>|====|

in DVBViewer it looks like (start = beginning of file, stop is ignored, end of TS buffer is used as end of recording instead, --> record of single clips is not possible as you still have to cut the recorded file with an additional utility):

|==|<startREC--File1--stopREC==================================>||

Lars_MQ, thanks for your input. I understand that it might be useful if you've just missed to start to record and want to set the start point in the past but I think being able to stop the recording at a desired time is very important, too.

However none of the STBs I owned was handling recording from buffer in this way that you could not specify a stop point within the TS buffer. Is it somehow possible to change this new feature to be able to specify a stop point as well?

It is not planned (and the way it is handled not possible). You can always use the TSplay from the membersarea to chop off more precisely the unwanted stuff at the end. ;)

thanks for the clear answer. Anyhow I don't understand why DVBViewer developers are not simply taking over this kind of best practices that are common in this area. I believe this would make life much easier for end users and developers, too. As the TSPlay option takes too much time I'll use MyTheatre again for recording until this thing will work in DVBViewer.