No DVB subtitles

JKKIN

Dvb subtitles don`t show anymore .They did show with the previous version (3.2..5).

I uninstalled the old version before I installed the new one ,which propably I shouldn`t have done.

I have done several reinstalls ,checked and rechecked the configuration but the subtitles won`t show up.

Otherwise the program works perfectly

here`s some info about my system

Windows XPpro sp2

Athlon 2400+

512 ram

Matrox Millennium G400 DualHeadMax(driver 5.93.9.0)

Hauppauge Nova-T Pci (newer)(driver 2.106.23151.0)

DVBViewer 3.2.6.80

setup.xmlMPEGDecoder.txt

Edited by JKKIN

Be sure to record in .ts format to get subtitles recorded.

Seems the software does not follow the dvb subtitles PID dynamically. If the recording starts when no dvb subtitles are present there are no subtitles recorded. If the recording is started during a subtitled program everything works fine.

This is a problem at least here in Finland.

A note to the development team:

Finnish Broadcasting company YLE has announced that they transmit teletext subtitles only temporarily, for those countryside customers whose old satellite box does not support dvb subtitles.

So this is just a workaround until YLE has a full coverage in their terrestrial network.

The thing is I don`t see them at all.Recording them is another question.

I just tested this with the actual version 3.2.6.80 and it works fine (channel "Sat1" on DVB-T). Are you sure that your channel contains subtitles? Did you already check the videotext reception?

I just tested this with the actual version 3.2.6.80 and it works fine (channel "Sat1" on DVB-T). Are you sure that your channel contains subtitles? Did you already check the videotext reception?

He's interested in DVB_subtitling and not in german teletext subtitles :)

The texts should be there .Question is about Yle Finnland.

Hi,

I just compared the ini -file you posted to my setup. Seems that your ini -file is for some older version of DVBViewer? Don't know if it matters, but i have some additional sub-related entries in my ini-file.

emmel

ps. For the DVBViewer crew: I guess the standard you refer to in the dialog box Settings->Options->EPG/Teletext->Subtitles should be 300 743? Yes, I know, its not critical... :)

Edited by emmel

Here is a channel info page of a channel that sends DVB subtitles .If I have understood it right there should be a PID for them. Could you tell me if this seems right? Are there all the PIDS there should be?

post-16697-1136807989_thumb.jpg

Edited by JKKIN
Here is a channel info page of a channel that sends DVB subtitles .If I have understood it right there should  be a  PID for them. Could you tell me if this seems right? Is there all the PIDS there should be?

When choosing DVB subtitles be sure that also language is selected - sometimes the field shows just empty and when clicking it you can choose 'Finnish'.

This must be done during a program which contains subtitles.

Are you sure you don't try viewing Teletext subtitles? Just now they don't work because YLE has changed something in the transmission.

• 3 weeks later...