Hardware acceleration in MCE2005

Spud

Just wondering if anybody has a solution for enabling Hardware acceleration for the Intervideo filter in MCE2005. I found this to be one of the best filters for HDTV when I was using Win XP but now I am using MCE and the registry layout is a bit different. In XP it was necessary to set hwmc and dxva to 1 at two locations in the registry but MCE must be different. Any suggestions appreciated.

Jim.

Apologies for posting in the wrong section Lars MQ

But are you saying, that I am the only person here running DVBViewer on a MCE system?

Jim.

Edited by Spud

You've installed Windows MCE and now the InterVideo doesn't hardware-accelerate when used in DVBViewer? Or when used in the MC?

Maybe you can appease Lars by pointing it out more clearly. :)

Well try it in a MCE forum. This ist DVBViewer pro.

FYI - irgendwann in den nächsten Wochen werde ich wohl mein XP SP2 nach circa 12 Monaten des Durchnudelns wegwerfen und dann MCE 2005 Rollup <was auch immer> drauf knallen. In VMware sieht MCE ganz nett aus, also warum nicht?

Schließlich ist MCE2005 nicht anderes als XP <current> mit diesem "eshell"-Ding (dem multimedia layer) und ein paar via registry festgelegten Einschränkungen (wie z.B. Rechner mit MCE kann kein Member einer Domäne werden).

Da mich aber keine der Einschränkungen (für die es auch noch workarounds gibt!) stört, wirds bei mir demnächst MCE werden.

Thanks for the reply daffy,

I don't understand German so I used a translation utility. I see that you are going to switch to MCE too. I got MCE about a year ago and I have some serious reservations about the product. By the way, You and I have the very same hardware except I have ATI 9800. I got MCE because everything seemed to be going in that direction, hardware vendors were developing BDA drivers at a fast pace and slowing down development of XP drivers. I assumed that, eventually Sat cards such as SS2 would be supported within MCE but this has not happened. In fact the opposite seems to be happening, there seems to be a definite policy to exclude Sat cards from MCE. This has led to companies like TechnoTrend writing emulation software to fool MCE into thinking that the Sat card is actually a terrestrial TV card in order to get it to work in MCE. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have got MCE. I don't know what Vista is going to be like, we might all have to switch to Linux in the future.

Jim.

Guest Lars_MQ

Well first I have to apologize I missunderstood your request. I actually thought you were asking a questing about the wanna be TV-Application MCE (a 800 MB TVapplication with it's own OS) :rolleyes:.

You're quite right MS has neglegted the (outside of USA) important things like sat, diseq and CI. In fact bda the base of MCE has providers for all reception types, but to the outside they are not really usable.

Daffy said he may change to MCE (ccause it's XP like) but I think he only thinks of the OS and not the TV-app ;)

I don't understand German so I used a translation utility.

Whoops - sorry for using German. Sometimes I simply forget which language I use :rolleyes:

Anyway, my plan to switch to MCE is simply based on this reasoning:

I don't lose anything, as my system are not part of a Windows domain and I can terminate this e<something> any time.

I gain this e<something>

Again, MCE 2005 and XP Professional are twins, two sides of the same medal. From what I can tell, your installation of MCE is doing just fine. It's just that some media source (DVB-S) are not as nicely integrated as one (you) might wish for.

Frankly, right now I am not even considering giving up on using DVBViewer as IMHO it is simply the best tool for viewing DVB-S around. I am currently not convinced about DVBViewer being the best tool for any other media source (MP3, ISO images, images), but then I have barely made any effort to use DVBViewer for that (I am ok with WMP and Picasa - for now)

I don't know what Vista is going to be like, we might all have to switch to Linux in the future.

Well, Beta 1 failed the "try to install it in VMware way past midnight" test. Maybe later. I just passed the December 2005 CTP on to a guinea pig... From the technical documentation that I have seen so far, I expect Vista to be very nice.