Dvbviewer freezes after couple of minutes

jospo

Hello,

I have a problem with playing DVB-T with DVBViewer (tried 3.2.6 PRO and 4.3.2 TE).

After couple of minutes video freezes and I have to kill DVBViewer process. When I run it again, video continues to play unil next freeze.

I tried to play with DirectShow settings - OverlayMixer does not work fine, video with high motion is shaking constantly, DX9 seems to be better, but no matter what mpeg2 decoder I'm choosing, it's still freezing after couple of minutes.

I'm also unable to view multichannel preview - video also freezes without any picture from channels.

I guess the problem could be codec, do you have any suggested codecs that works fine with DVBViewer? Or do you think the problem is something else?

Thanks,

Petr

Airstar USB with WinXP CZ, SP2,

Amd Athlon64 1,8GHz, 1GB RAM, Ati X300, MSI NEO K4N NForce4

Airstar USB

Does not work with mosaicpreview cause USB 1.1 is has not got the bandwidth.

For your other problem, could be a reception problem.

Ok, and will it work with playing one channel and recording other? Or the bandwidth is for this issue also smal?

Ragarding the reception, I've got constantly 100-99% signal and BER=0 so it seems this is not a receprion problem.

Thanks,

Petr

Guest Lars_MQ
Ok, and will it work with playing one channel and recording other? Or the bandwidth is for this issue also smal?

Depends on the bandwidth of the channels, could work or could not work.

Normally the USB 1.1 stuff should be used one channel only, to be on the safer side.

Depends on the bandwidth of the channels, could work or could not work.

Normally the USB 1.1 stuff should be used one channel only, to be on the safer side.

Thanks. I wonder if I return this Airstar USB device and change it with Alpha Twinhan USB 2.0. But DVBViewer GE does not support Twinhan devices.

Anyway, are there any recommended mpeg2 codecs which works fine with DVBViewer so I can try to install them?

Thanks,

Petr

Hello,

I've got the 3.5.6 version of the DVBViewer PRO and use it to watch DVB-T. I'm using it withe the "TerraTec T2". Since the first day i have the same problem as "jospo".

I think, that the software freezes only when there are some discontinuities within the stream. At most it happens when the DVB signal breakes- or there are a lot of discontinuities within a short time.

The DVBViewer also freezes when you choose the "fast switch channels" option.

The same problems had the Terratec Software but that problem had been sloved a few months ago. So the TT Software is working fine with my T2 but I would like to use the DVBViewer software in the furure.

Thanks,

korzyn

I have the same problem with playing DVB-T with DVBViewer 3.2.6 PRO

After couple of minutes video freezes and I have to kill DVBViewer process. When I run it again, video continues to play unil next freeze.

Ondra

Airstar 2 PCI with WinXP CZ, SP2,

Dual P4 Xeon 2,4GHz, 2GB RAM, Ati X800XT, Supermicro X5DA8

Airstar 2 PCI

Go to Options -> DirectX and select "Flexcop based" as device, not "Airstar compatible".

The DVBViewer also freezes when you choose the "fast switch channels" option.

May be due to the InterVideo video decoder. Go to Options -> DirectX and select another one, if possible.

Most DVB-T problems are caused by bad reception conditions, particularly with indoor antennas. My Cinergy T2, connected to an outside antenna installation, works pretty well with DVBViewer GE (and with DVBViewer Pro 3.2.5 too, didn't test 3.2.6 yet).

Hi,

I have found out that some problems with freezing video could be caused with Bluetooth USB adapters - after installation of BT I get freezing DVBViewer.

When I uninstall BT Network Adapter, DVBViewer seems to run OK.

Regards, Petr

Have you disconnected all network protocols from the airstar in windows network settings?

No I have not. I have removed BT Network which was installed with BT Dongle and it helps. When BT Network is enabled, DVBViewer (and I guess also other DVB-T programs) have problems playing TV.

But disconnection of all network protocols from AS Network should also help, I can try it tonight.

Petr