DVBviewer hangs usings YAKUMO Quickstick

ZoranH

My Yakumo Quickstick works fine using old (not-BDA) drivers and V-GEAR application V1.3x. I buy DVBViewer because the scheduled recording function in V-Gear is unreliable and I expected to be able to record all the streams from one TV channel simultaneuosly.

When I tried Yakumo BDA driver and apllication, it worked, but one of four available streams (TV programs) was corrupted (only 25% of picture from the top is visible). Stream are 4.5Mb/s each.

BTW, in my country (Croatia), only 4 TV programs are available at DVB-T.

DVBViewer installs correctly, but it crashes almost immediatelly every time I tune to any of the four available TV programs ("DVBViewer application caused an error and it will be shutdown...").

I am using:

W2Kpro SP2 (tried SP4 also),

DirectX9.0c (requested by Yakumo BDA driver),

ATI AIW Rage 128 Pro + ATI MMC 7.6 (no problems there)

MB Gigabyte 8ID533

P4 2.66/512

1GB SDRAM

VIA USB 2.0 adapter

The Yakumo BDA application problem looks exactly the same on the different motherboard (Asus P5GD1VM) and Windows XP SP1. Didn't tried DVBViewer there.

Is this USB bandwidth problem? The Asus MB has Intel onboard USB 2.0.

Is BDA driver always fetching all the streams

Is there any other BDA driver compatible with the Yakumo Quickstick?

Thanks

Is there any other BDA driver compatible with the Yakumo Quickstick?

Generally speaking, the Yakumo is one of many of the same design, see linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#WideView.2FYakumo.2FHama.2FTyphoon.2FYuan_Boxes_and_Pens . All these build on a design / chip by WideView - http://www.wv.com.tw/

I know that there are Yakumo-branded drivers from November; I have heard that Hama have released some of their own too.

Note that I do not own a USB DVB-T stick yet, but I am in a market for one. I am therefore very interested in the overall stability of the BDA drivers for this design and the tuner's reception characteristics.

(The other design that I am "evaluating" is the Terratec Cinergy T2 / qanu design - http://www.qanu.de/termini.php)

Successfully tested ...

Ever so slightly OT, but

* how robust is that driver?

* is the tuner a primadonna or a reception monster?

One of the receiving locations reportedly is extremely well-lit (Rhein-Main), but the other one is predicted to be very challenging, to say the least (NRW).

I wouldn't go for the Yakumo hardware, BTW, but for a cheaper no-name brother :-)

Thanks all for the fast reply!

I enclosed the requested logs (there is no DVBViewer.log).

DVBViewer V3.2.6

Thnks to Daffy, I will try the other drivers too.

Is anybody experienced something like that due to low USB bandwidth (i.e., how other devices works at USB1.1)?

logs.txt

Thanks all for the fast reply!

I enclosed the requested logs (there is no DVBViewer.log).

DVBViewer V3.2.6

Thnks to Daffy, I will try the other drivers too.

Is anybody experienced something like that due to low USB bandwidth (i.e., how other devices works at USB1.1)?

Sorry, wrong extension for the attachment!

logs.zip

Guest Lars_MQ

Please select in Options/DirectX the cyberlink or intervideo videodecoder, not auto.

Most likely your problem is caused by the ligos decoder (it's a real nasty thing).

Please select in Options/DirectX the cyberlink or intervideo videodecoder, not auto.

Most likely your problem is caused by the ligos decoder (it's a real nasty thing).

That's right!

I selected Cyberlink and it now works great!

This few minutes while I am trying the DVBViewer, I can tell - IMPRESSIVE!

It is stable, not at all sensitive to windows scrolling and other activities which caused lost frames in previous viewer I used.

I really can record all four TV programs at the same time, without problems.

Thanks guys, great support!

Zoran

Newer BDA driver with driver installer can be downloaded from http://www.dnt.de/index.php?dir=dl/front/d...%3Ddl%26id%3D97 - BDA Treiber für den EuroStick

. The driver is the same as by Yakumo, but firmware is newer 5.19.9.0 (opposite Yakumo is 5.18.8.0)

Do you know how to replace Yakumo drivers (Windows 2000 SP4)?

When I remove them "capture" driver it always returns back not giving me a chance to install something else.

"loader" I can't even find to remove it.

The only way it worked for me was ghosting back the image before the driver was installed the first time.

Zoran

Hi,

I managed to install Twinhan drivers on an Artec USB-T1. The same way it may be possible to install "foreign" drivers for your own device.

Look here: http://forum.digitalfernsehen.de/forum/sho...85&postcount=36

The method described there is the interesting thing...

When I remove them "capture" driver it always returns back not giving me a chance to install something else.

Let Windows device manager show "hidden devices". The firmware loader should be found in the USB-section. Maybe you have to set an environment variable to do that, search MS Knowledge Base for "devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices" for detailed explanation.

Michael

Hi,

I managed to install Twinhan drivers on an Artec USB-T1. The same way it may be possible to install "foreign" drivers for your own device.

Look here: http://forum.digitalfernsehen.de/forum/sho...85&postcount=36

The method described there is the interesting thing...

Let Windows device manager show "hidden devices". The firmware loader should be found in the USB-section. Maybe you have to set an environment variable to do that, search MS Knowledge Base for "devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices" for detailed explanation.

Michael

Thanks, Michael and Djelinek!

Using described method to remove hidden devices I sucessfully installed Eurostick drivers.

Just in case, after uninstalling, I also deleted old drivers from "drivers" directory (BDA_Capture_220.sys and BDA_Loader_220.sys) and the "inf" files.

Inf files are renamed, so you must search for "oem*.inf" containing "BDA_Loader" or "BDA_Capture".

For now, Yakumo works fine with the new driver.

Signal strength gauge is still not working, but I am just hoping for smooth capture and no crashing!

Zoran