EPG/Timer/Channel List Overloads CPU

ardee

I'm using DVBViewer GE which works fine, but if I click the EPG, Favourites or Channel List icons, everything slows down for a long time until the windows appear. CPU usage jumps to 98% or so while I wait. DVBViewer uses hardly any resources, so this cannot be right. What is happening?

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I did not find anything with the search facility.

I use Transponder Editor to create the channel list

Do you mean TransEdit? How many channels are in the list?

but if I click the EPG, Favourites or Channel List icons

And the Scheduler Window too, I guess?

All these GE windows contain a tree view. It's a Windows control that is known to be quite lame. However, it takes really a lot of tree view entries to slow everything down that much.

Try if it happens with a fresh GE installation. Extract the DVBViewer GE folder from the ZIP, rename it to DVBViewer GE 2 and copy it to the program files directory.

Try if it happens with a fresh GE installation. Extract the DVBViewer GE folder from the ZIP, rename it to DVBViewer GE 2 and copy it to the program files directory.

With a fresh installation, there is only a moment of hesitation before the lists appear. I am now having trouble with the new channel lists. Where does the scanner get the transponder lists from? They do not match those in the transponder folder, and they seem to be out of date.