DVBViewer doesn't see Twinhan DVB-S card

mr_fudd

I cannot get DVBViewer to detect my Twinhan DVB-S (1020) card. I've downloaded and installed the latest Twinhan drivers (from TwinhanDTV 2.608 Build 01-02a).

I used twinhantest.exe (linked to by griga in another posting) to test with four different versions of thsource.ax, dated:

March 23, 2005

June 9, 2005

Sept. 14, 2005 (loaded as DVBViewer's twinhan support, I believe)

Dec. 12, 2005

Unregistering one and registering another in turn resulted in the same text in the twinhantest dialog window:

---start resultset------------------

Trying to create Twinhan source instance...

succeeded

Trying to query Twinhan source for IDVBSource4 interface...

succeeded

Querying Twinhan source for number of devices...

result: 1

---end resultset-------------------

No other selections other than DVB File Device, Unicast Network Device and Multicast Network Device appear under Options | DirectX.

ProgDVB runs a little worse under the new drivers, and I have to use the earliest of the .ax files for it to run at all, but the card is confirmed as working.

Also tried the .mod file discussed in the forum about six months ago (not needed for current version?). TransEdit, TransEdit MMC and DVBViewer GE also show no results. I've even copied and pasted many dozens of German-language posts dealing with Twinhan issues into Babelfish to get a clue of how to deal with this, and still no luck.

Registered user, DVBViewer version 3.2.6.80. Running under XP Home Edition, SP2.

mark a.

Edited by mr_fudd
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, one more time. Attached are my setup.xml and the mpegdecoder.txt generated by LogMPEGDecoder.exe. No DVBViewer.log file available. My system info is:

--- start sysinfo ---

Processor: 1.6 GHz Duron

RAM: 624 MB

Satellite card: Twinhan DVB-S, 1020a

TV tuner card: Adaptec VideOh!

Twinhan drivers:

2/26/2004 DTV Audio Controller version 2.4.1.1

2/26/2004 DTV Video Controller version 2.4.1.1

thsource.ax variants available (tested with ProgDVB):

3/23/2005

6/9/2005

9/14/2005

10/15/2005

12/22/2005

--- end sysinfo ---

I downloaded and installed DVBViewer 2.2, and found out that it predates Twinhan support. Also tried the current beta and nothing happens with that either. I was hoping to find a version of DVBViewer from around July or August last year, when it seemed that the Twinhan DVB-S support worked (judging by the flurry of postings). :-\

Is there anyone out there that could lend some advice?

mark a

MPEGDecoder.txt

Setup.xml