Scan + Diseqc issues

Bermar

Any help / suggestions to get satellites (Astra 19.2°, Hotbird 13°, Astra 28°)

DVBViewer Pro installed and with channel scan program freezes after a number of channels detected from Astra (several trials done). With Transedit 2.5 all 1356 channels from Astra 19.2 found and DVBViewer displays/records great, but no channels for Hotbird + Asra 28. I have tried all combinations of Pos A/Opt B etc.

DVBViewer Beta 3.4.9.2 installed. Scanning channels for Astra 19.2 works with channel scan. No channels for Hotbird & ASra 28. After some time a serious crash occurred and PC started completely from scratch and needed 30 minutes for recovery from serious problem.

With PowerCinema (comes with the PC) I can get the channels from the other satellites with the 4x1 Diseqc switch.

I like DVBViewer very much but I need some ideas/sugestions to get around with the diseqc switch to get also Hotbird and Astra 28.

I have scanned al the forums and internet but found no solution till so far.

Has anybody some ideas/suggestions ?

Configuration:

Windows XP Home SP2

Pentium D CPU 3.00 GHz

PC: Medion MD8800

SAA 7131 Hybrid Capture Device 1&2

NVIDIA GeForce 6700 XL

DVBViewer Pro 3.2.6.80

Diseqc 1.2 switch 4x1

setup.xml

DVBViewer.log

MPEGDecoder.txt

Guest Lars_MQ
After some time a serious crash occurred and PC started completely from scratch and needed 30 minutes for recovery from serious problem.

An application can not cause such a crash, normaly a driver is only able to do such thing.

Next thing: Microsoft unfortunately forgot such "stupid" and "unnessary" things like DiseqC and CI in their BDA definitions.

So for each card(type) there has to be individual code to access DiseqC. Currently Twinhan, NovaS, NovaSplus and firesatdtv BDA work with diseqC. We try to integrate the stuff, if we can get our hands on the api/sdk of the driver developers (each company solves this problem of course different, otherwise it would be too easy :) ).

Another thing: try setting in options / directX the video and audiodecoder to cyberlink sp instead to auto, the dscaler codec is quite crappy.

I move the thread cause it's no bug.

After some time a serious crash occurred and PC started completely from scratch and needed 30 minutes for recovery from serious problem.

An application can not cause such a crash, normaly a driver is only able to do such thing.

Next thing: Microsoft unfortunately forgot such "stupid" and "unnessary" things like DiseqC and CI in their BDA definitions.

So for each card(type) there has to be individual code to access DiseqC. Currently Twinhan, NovaS, NovaSplus and firesatdtv BDA work with diseqC. We try to integrate the stuff, if we can get our hands on the api/sdk of the driver developers (each company solves this problem of course different, otherwise it would be too easy :) ).

Another thing: try setting in options / directX the video and audiodecoder to cyberlink sp instead to auto, the dscaler codec is quite crappy.

I move the thread cause it's no bug.

Thanks for the reply and the tip for DirectX

We try to integrate the stuff, if we can get our hands on the api/sdk of the driver developers (each company solves this problem of course different, otherwise it would be too easy  :wacko: )..

If I can help with anything for this integration, please let me know. I am very interested.

There is something you may try (without any promise for success).

SAA 7131 is a Philips chip. There is code in TransEdit 2.5 that sets DiSEqC for TechnoTrend based cards, and in some sample code I saw a remark saying that this kind of DiSEqC function call applies to Philips chipsets.

For activating this code you have to edit your TransEdit.ini file with a text editor. First find out where it is is, since TransEdit stores it according to the user mode that you have selected when installing DVBViewer Pro. More about the user mode here.

In the TransEdit.ini, search the [Hardware] section, and within this section, the entry

vendor.0=0

Change it to

vendor.0=3

that tells TransEdit that your SAA 7131 is a TechnoTrend based device. Save the changed file, launch TransEdit and try... it will now apply the according DiSEqC code. It *may* work, if the driver supports DiSEqC in the same way as the TechnoTrend drivers do. However, it may crash or do nothing as well... just a gamble.

There is something you may try (without any promise for success).

SAA 7131 is a Philips chip. There is code in TransEdit 2.5 that sets DiSEqC for TechnoTrend based cards, and in some sample code I saw a remark saying that this kind of DiSEqC function call applies to Philips chipsets.

For activating this code you have to edit your TransEdit.ini file with a text editor. First find out where it is is, since TransEdit stores it according to the user mode that you have selected when installing DVBViewer Pro. More about the user mode  here.

In the TransEdit.ini, search the [Hardware] section, and within this section, the entry

vendor.0=0

Change it to

vendor.0=3

that tells TransEdit that your SAA 7131  is a TechnoTrend based device. Save the changed file, launch TransEdit and try... it will now apply the according DiSEqC code. It *may* work, if the driver supports DiSEqC in the same way as the TechnoTrend drivers do. However, it may crash or do nothing as well... just a gamble.

Tried the proposed change vendor.0=0 to vendor.0=3 (in the right usermode), but no channels for hotbird or astra and ... no crash.

I see also vendor.1, vendor.2 and vendor.3 Those I haven't changed. Is that correct ?

Anyway, thanks for helping to get a solution.

I see also vendor.1, vendor.2 and vendor.3 Those I haven't changed. Is that correct ?

I see - one of those Medion multiple tuner devices. 2 x DVB-S, 2 x DVB-T, I suppose - you didn't tell us.

Ok, then try again, and change all vendor.x entries with

TunerType.x=1

which means DVB-S. Perhaps index 0 is related to a DVB-T tuner... :)

I see - one of those Medion multiple tuner devices. 2 x DVB-S, 2 x DVB-T, I suppose - you didn't tell us.

Ok, then try again, and change all vendor.x entries with

TunerType.x=1

which means DVB-S. Perhaps index 0 is related to a DVB-T tuner... :)

Any suggestions ?

DVBViewer plays channels Astra.

When I start scanning with DVBViewer Pro, program finds channels but after some period scanning aborts.

Had the problem before and uses Transedit. Transedit works fine and all 1356 channels found and import in DVBViewer. DVBViewer plays nice the channels of Astra.

After the discussions about Diseqc (see thread), Transedit does not find any channels (Astra, Hotbird, Astra 2). DVBViewer finds channels for Astra but stops somewhere in the scan.

Have tried also DVBViewer Beta. DVBViewer Beta scanning finds only 264 channels for Astra. Plays channels for Astra. Transedit in Beta dir does not find any channels Astra.

Attached my Transedit.ini from DVBViewer Pro folder.

Should I reinstall DVBViewer Pro / remove DVBViewer Beta or ...... ?

Detected Devices:

713x BDA DVBT Tuner

713x BDA DVBS Tuner

713x BDA DVBT Tuner

713x BDA DVBS Tuner

Any help will be much appreciated.

TransEdit.ini

Sorry, for some odd reason I can't download the ini file. Please attach it zipped.

After the discussions about Diseqc (see thread), Transedit does not find any channels

After applying the vendor.x = 3? And what about setting it back to 0?

What kind of equipment do you use? Quattro LNB plus switch?

If the DVB device won't work properly after the things you've tried, even not after rebooting, it has to be reset. Switch your PC off and diconnect it from the power supply for some seconds. Or go to the Windows device manager and deactivate / re-activate the device.

Sorry, for some odd reason I can't download the ini file. Please attach it zipped.

After the discussions about Diseqc (see thread), Transedit does not find any channels

If the DVB device won't work properly after the things you've tried, even not after rebooting, it has to be reset. Switch your PC off and diconnect it from the power supply for some seconds. Or go to the Windows device manager and deactivate / re-activate the device.

Life is nice. This morning Transedit scans channels for Astra (1351 Channels). Maybe good reset of the device (one night !!) and in hardware of Transedit first 713x BDA DVBT Tuner stood on Satellite. I changed that to Terrestrial and it works for Astra. Not for Hotbird with Transini attached. Also with another reset of PC. I have only for TunerType.1=1 Vendor.1=0 changed to 3.

I use 3 LNB's with Diseqc 1.2 4x1 switch.

TransEditini.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Life is nice. This morning Transedit scans channels for Astra (1351 Channels). Maybe good reset of the device (one night !!) and in hardware of Transedit first 713x BDA DVBT Tuner stood on Satellite. I changed that to Terrestrial and it works for Astra. Not for Hotbird with Transini attached. Also with another reset of PC. I have only for TunerType.1=1 Vendor.1=0 changed to 3.

I use 3 LNB's with Diseqc 1.2 4x1 switch.

Is there any workaround to use 3 LNB's with a Diseqc 4x1 switch with DVBiewer + MD8800 (SAA7131)?

Is there anybody whos knows a Diseqc generator to switch separate from the PC the switch to another satellite or are there other ideas ?

Is there any workaround to use 3 LNB's with a Diseqc 4x1 switch with DVBiewer + MD8800 (SAA7131)?

no, not to my knowledge

Is there anybody whos knows a Diseqc generator to switch separate from the PC the switch to another satellite or are there other ideas ?

theoretically possible but you have to block any control signals from the MD otherwise the card will reset the switch to astra, because with each channel change a hardwired astra_diseqc_command will be sent.

If I knew which kind of DiSEqC interface with which parameters the MD provides, I would code it. But I have no idea where to get the information from.

You can try to contact Medion and ask for it, resp. ask who has to be asked for the specifications...

If I knew which kind of DiSEqC interface with which parameters the MD provides, I would code it. But I have no idea where to get the information from.

You can try to contact Medion and ask for it, resp. ask who has to be asked for the specifications...

Thanks.

I will ask Medion but that takes some time and I am not sure if they are willing to coorporate. Nevertheless I will try and I let you know the outcome.

I'm afraid Medion won't be a great help.

But as far as I've heared the maker of the card is CREATIX. Maybe it is a good idea to ask them for assistance too.

I'm afraid Medion won't be a great help.

But as far as I've heared the maker of the card is CREATIX. Maybe it is a good idea to ask them for assistance too.

That's a better idea and even to ask Philips I can try. Thanks for the input.

I have contacted Creatix, the maker of the card and hopefully they are willing to help.

It's great that you are looking after it - thanks. You know, contacting all these companies takes a lot of time and keeps us away from coding - unfortunately we have no secretary....

Basically I need two things:

- A method to detect the device, resp. to distinguish it from other devices.

- A method to pass the DiSEqC setting to the BDA driver.

...and some sample code would be nice. :)

It's great that you are looking after it - thanks. You know, contacting all these companies takes a lot of time and keeps us away from coding - unfortunately we have no secretary....

Basically I need two things:

- A method to detect the device, resp. to distinguish it from other devices.

- A method to pass the DiSEqC setting to the BDA driver.

...and some sample code would be nice.  :)

Griga, I am not so familiar with this kind of stuff, please some help.

"To detect the device, resp. to distinguish it from others devices",

which device do you mean, the CTX944 ?

"A method to pass the DiSEqC setting to the BDA driver."

you mean handing over the Diseqc instructions/controlling to the BDA driver ?

" ...and some sample code would be nice. ;)"

interfacing example or other ?

Guest Lars_MQ
"To detect the device, resp. to distinguish it from others devices",

which device do you mean, the CTX944 ?

From the application point of view it's only a bda device.

So you need a possibility to query "are you this and that device" in some way. Only if you can identify the device you can use the special handling routines for diseqc.

I am not so familiar with this kind of stuff

I just wanted to tell you what is needed here in case the Creatix people ask for it. If they are able and willing to provide documentation, please send me a PM with a contact address or something like that... then I can take over.

I am not so familiar with this kind of stuff

I just wanted to tell you what is needed here in case the Creatix people ask for it. If they are able and willing to provide documentation, please send me a PM with a contact address or something like that... then I can take over.

Edited by Bermar