EPG text has two languages

Mikko-vaari

The latest beta version 3.4.9.14 shows EPG-text simultaneously in two languages: here in Finland finnish and swedish. This is quite unconvenient because the space for the text is very narrow.

The previous version showed one language only! Maybe you can fix it!

Not reproduceable, please post a screenshot. (-> switch to vmr for it) :)

Please find the shots in attachment

EDIT sorry I can't send the attachment. Could you advice me how to do it? The attachment is a MSWord document.

Edited by Mikko-vaari
Please zip the document with a packer (WinXP can compress by itself). Worddocs are for security reasons not allowed. :)

Okei, lets try again

Now the shots are in jpg-format

The first is with 3492 and the second with 349214

post-17710-1140172707_thumb.jpgpost-17710-1140173119_thumb.jpg

Sorry to put this topic here, I just notice there's an other group for betas. Maybe somebody can move this away!

Edited by Mikko-vaari

I can corfirm.

If you take a look at the attached figure, youl'll find that for example on channel "CM FILM2" at 21:00, the epg data is shown in three languages. For the channel entitled "CANAL+ ..." at 22:30 the epg is shown in four languages. It's not that I don't understand them - I do ... :)

post-16009-1140288631_thumb.jpg

Guest Lars_MQ

ok, i see. This are the titles of the programs. Well in the old version nerve were multilanguage titles, so i overlooked it. I'll fix it.

Can you confirm that the descriptions are only in one (hopefully the selected) language? This and the subtitles are language filtered.

• 3 weeks later...
The latest beta version 3.4.9.14 shows EPG-text simultaneously in two languages: here in Finland finnish and swedish. This is quite unconvenient because the space for the text is very narrow.

The previous version showed one language only! Maybe you can fix it!

Same thing with the new beta 3.4.9.138

Guest Lars_MQ

Strange it should be fixed.

Please post an exact description:

- Does it happen on all stations?

- Does it happen in every view of the epg? epg list, whats now, timeline, osd etc.

- Which fields are affected? Title, short title, Description. etc.

Strange it should be fixed.

Please post an exact description:

- Does it happen on all stations?

- Does it happen in every view of the epg? epg list, whats now, timeline, osd etc.

- Which fields are affected? Title, short title, Description. etc.

[right][post=87455]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

YES it is in EPG / EPG ,EPG / Whats now and EPG / Timeline views. Also when I change the channel and there is this "small" EPG for some seconds. It is only in event field.

I have only terrestial card and EPG looks exactly the same in all channel catecories (there is three different DVB muxes in Finland) but not all stations send information both in finnish and in swedish.

It appears also in OSD windows

There is also a strange new (at least not in 3.2.6) fin-undefined text in details / title area see the attachment

Guest Lars_MQ

That's bad. I have no idea what the reason could be. but I'm getting frustrated and think I won't follow it anymore. Only by guessing I can't archive anything.

Maybe christian takes a interesst in it.

For me, the N-language problem iin epg-data s solved.

For some channels and programs the epg description shown is still, however, quite particular. But nothing serious.

Thanks for making the new beta available.

post-16009-1142029666_thumb.jpg

Guest Lars_MQ

ok i try to filter the unknown stuff out. but thats normally a non valid or missplaced descriptor by the tvstation, but never the less it should be not visible, only recognized descriptors should be shown...

It's quite difficult sometimes trying to provide solutions for problems you yourself do never encounter.

And even if we (on the receiving side) try to obey all the rules and specifications, there is no guarantie the sending side does it also all the time...

ok i try to filter the unknown stuff out. but thats normally a non valid or missplaced descriptor by the tvstation, but never the less it should be not visible, only recognized descriptors should be shown...

It's quite difficult sometimes trying to provide solutions for problems you yourself do never encounter.

And even if we (on the receiving side) try to obey all the rules and specifications, there is no guarantie the sending side does it also all the time...

Yes... I think we understand you perfectly, and we don't expect anyone to read the mind of the providers that continuously change the rules. Btw, for curiosity, did you know that our dvb-t network up here in the north is owned and operated by the french... god bless global economy :bye:

Edited by emmel
Guest Lars_MQ

well france is as far away for me as finnland or sweden (i only know very little danish when it comes to nothern languages and it's from a loong time ago, when i lived in the far north of germany :bye: )