Audio setup with AC3...

antdude

Hello,

In my DVBViewer TE installation, its audio setup seems to be in stereo with its Sonic Cinemaster audio decoder when watching TV shows (live or timeshift). However, when I play back my recordings (TS and MPEG-2), Media Players (v6.4, 9.0, and Classic v6.4.8.7) use AC3Filter and the audio are set up correctly (directional) on my 4.1 speaker setup.

Is the regular DVBViewer like this too? Or does it use its own sound driver and correctly?

Thank you in advance. :bye:

DVBViewer Pro/GE allow to select the audio decoder that shall be used, e.g. the AC3 Filter in your case.

There may be a chance to let DVBViewer TE use the AC3 Filter by unregistering the Sonic audio decoder with the RadLight Filter Manager - go to the DirectShow section, select the Sonic audio and click Unregister. If it doesn't show the desired result, you can re-register it by clicking Register and selecting the CinemasterAudio.DLL file.

However, purchasing DVBViewer Pro saves messing around with DirectShow in this way.

DVBViewer Pro/GE allow to select the audio decoder that shall be used, e.g. the AC3 Filter in your case.

There may be a chance to let DVBViewer TE use the AC3 Filter by unregistering the Sonic audio decoder with the RadLight Filter Manager - go to the DirectShow section, select the Sonic audio and click Unregister. If it doesn't show the desired result, you can re-register it by clicking Register and selecting the CinemasterAudio.DLL file.

However, purchasing DVBViewer Pro saves messing around with DirectShow in this way.

Thanks. I think that works. I checked GraphEdit and it is now linking AC3Filter v0.70b. :bye: Now, I just need to find another TV show that is using true sound setup. I tried to watch NBC's Olympics (not sure if it is in Dolby Digital or whatever), but nothing shows in my AC3Filter in its analysis. It seems to say it was in mono. Weird. Edited by antdude

MPEG Audio version 1 Layer 2 is the most frequently used DVB audio format. You can record it as MP2 with DVBViewer.

MP3 is version 1 layer 3. If you want MP3 files, MP2 audio must be converted to the advanced layer, which is done by the Audio Recorder Plugin (works with DVBViewer Pro/GE only).

AC3 Filter 1.02 decodes AC3 and MP2, the 0.70b only AC3, so for MP2 another decoder will be used. Since you unregistered the Sonic, you should take care that a good MP2 decoder is available for DVBViewer TE. That's why I recommend the new AC3 Filter version.

MPEG Audio version 1 Layer 2 is the most frequently used DVB audio format. You can record it as MP2 with DVBViewer.

MP3 is version 1 layer 3. If you want MP3 files, MP2 audio must be converted to the advanced layer, which is done by the Audio Recorder Plugin (works with DVBViewer Pro/GE only).

AC3 Filter 1.02 decodes AC3 and MP2, the 0.70b only AC3, so for MP2 another decoder will be used. Since you unregistered the Sonic, you should take care that a good MP2 decoder is available for DVBViewer TE. That's why I recommend the new AC3 Filter version.

Ahh, is there significant audio difference between the old and new one? I looked at my Add/Remove Programs list, and I don't see the old version of AC3 Filter. I don't remember where I got this from.