Record output formats

makinjr

:horror: Could you add record output format selection for each record job or for each channel. Then we could select that we what to record mpeg from this channel but ts from that channel. Reason for this request: When I want to store finnish YLE movies to DVD, best format is ts. Then I could use projectx etc to create DVD files.

But for other than YLE channels, easiest could be mpeg.

What do you think about this? :)

I once asked for this feature myself and the request was also then denied. However, I was instructed on using videorecorder plugin to simulate this behaviour. You can select the desired recording format if you configure your settings so that you record in ts format with the included recorder and in mpeg format with the videorecorder plugin, or vice versa. That way you can select which action is taken for each timer you create by selecting the corresponding recorder.

I do not know how this works with current betaversions with support for multiple cards but in the case of single cards this should still work.

--

Saigon