Timeshift: Blank Screen

wax

hi all,

I have a bit of a problem with timeshifting:

-Initially playback wouldn't work at all, resulting in a black/blank screen. Trying to use the controls for forwarding/rewinding I only got a Pause/Angehalten status.

- After increasing the lead time to 1000ms, I get some very odd playback: positioning (ff/rew and timeslide) only seems to be able to work in 10-20 sec. steps, sometimes I get a picture, sometimes I don't (sound always works fine, even with a black screen).

- returning from timeshift to normal viewing invariably requires rebuilding the graph.

- trying to open a file which is being recorded with 'open - video' yields no result at all, except that I frequently have to restart the entire program after black screens (no sound) / frozen viewer.

- even trying to open the same file through dvbv AFTER recording won't work (same result as above) - opening the same file with zoomplayer, no probs.

Unfortunately these problems render the timeshifting feature virtually unusable for me, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

tia, wax

the stuff I use is:

- tv card: technisat ss2, driver ver. 4.3.0.9999

- video card: ati 9600, current drivers (as of yesterday)

- mainboard: msi 7025 (K8N Neo3 Platinum, nForce3 Ultra chipset)

otherwise as attached.

support.zip

I have just tried DVBViewer GE - same results here as above, perhaps even worse. The program freezes as soon as I pause, play, pause and play again. Any ideas anyone?

Don't use the automatic setting for the decoder. Select Intervideo for video. Try to get the Moonlight Odio Dekoda (it's free) for audio.

That seems to work, thanks a lot! What I don't quite understand: I've got two Intervideo Video decoders on my list - apparently one for MS MCE (ivimcevd.ax) and a "regular" one (ivivideo.ax). I can't really tell in DVBViewer which is which, it only says "Intervideo Video decoder" twice. Is it of any significance which one I choose? And (while I'm at it) - what does the option regarding autodetection (audio / video respectively) on the DirectX-tab do? I couldn't quite figure it out. Thanks again.