closing channelist with K ...

Klausing

Offen i use the keyboard to open the channellist or the teletext window. If i want to close the Channellist i must click ALT+F4.

If I want to open the channellist i click on "K" . It would be great if the channellist closed if i clicked again on "K" ! The same i wish for EPG, teletext- and recorder window. It could be also very useful for WinLIRC-User.

So they could use all this windows complete with WinLIRC.

Or Christian add a key-function for closing this windows to the keyboardcontrol.

@Klausing: As I've learned in the meantime there is one problem: After opening the channellist window, it will receive all the keystrokes (for example the second "K"), as long as it is the active window - the main window, usually responsible for managing the key shortcuts, will never see them.

There might be a solution for doing it like you proposed, but it's much more complicated than I assumed (see my posting in the Deutsch forum).

Griga

Ich öffne die Channellist mit ENTER und würde sie auch gerne so wieder schliessen, aber mir ist auch klar, das das nicht so einfach zu programmieren sein wird..... Wenn der Taste zum schliessen der Channellist deswegen auf eine bestimmte Taste festgelegt wäre, wäre das auch ok (zB. eine F-Taste) ....

• 5 years later...
Offen i use the keyboard to open the channellist or the teletext window. If i want to close the Channellist i must click ALT+F4.

If I want to open the channellist i click on "K" . It would be great if the channellist closed if i clicked again on "K" ! The same i wish for EPG, teletext- and recorder window. It could be also very useful for WinLIRC-User.

So they could use all this windows complete with WinLIRC.

Or Christian add a key-function for closing this windows to the keyboardcontrol.

Hi,

Just wondering if this has a 'fix' yet. I was about to ask exactly the same question. I was using DNTV Live! software and the same button which opened the channel selection menu, also closed it.

Perhaps if there was an option to disable 'shortcut channel selection' for the favourites menu, you would then not have to parse any key, other than the K key which would then close it.

Which brings me to the next related question. In the HTPC Channel List view, I was hoping that selecting the channel (double/single clicking on it) would change to the channel, then close the window. It selects the correct channel but I need to hit esc. Using a remote I like to minimse the number of different actions.

Hi,

Just wondering if this has a 'fix' yet. I was about to ask exactly the same question. I was using DNTV Live! software and the same button which opened the channel selection menu, also closed it.

Perhaps if there was an option to disable 'shortcut channel selection' for the favourites menu, you would then not have to parse any key, other than the K key which would then close it.

Which brings me to the next related question. In the HTPC Channel List view, I was hoping that selecting the channel (double/single clicking on it) would change to the channel, then close the window. It selects the correct channel but I need to hit esc. Using a remote I like to minimse the number of different actions.

I just tried to edit the setup.xml file with the changes in Tweak.txt, which appear to close the Channellist windows after program selection, and it keeps getting overwritten, and I lose my changes...

Am I on the right track here?