EPG Mixing

quarkcz

Hi,

I have problems with EPG in CzechRepublic. It shows data from another channels. I searched czech forums (not this, because EPG has only 3 characters, so I was unable to search forum) and possibly found problem cause.

EPG data mixes on stations from different channels (i.e. - CT1 (ch25) and Prima(ch46) has mixed data). In forum was opinion, that this is causes by same "Transport ID" broadcasted in channels 25 and 46 and that's this is the reason, why data mixes.

If it's true, can you please correct this in next version/patch or make special plugin to correct this problem?

Thanks

Technical info: DVBV Pro 3.2.6, only teletext and myskype plugin installed. Hardware is AirStar2.

Setup.xml

Don't know, how to find out... :bye:

I'v only read at czech forums, that there is the same 'TransportID', but I don't know way, how to verify it and how to get ServiceID...

If you tell me the way, I'll look at it...

• 1 month later...
Do they have the same TransportstreamID and ServiceID?

I had analyzed 2 transport streams with mixed EPG wit following results:

Network Name: CDG

Network ID: 10 (0x000a)

Transport Stream ID: 1 (0x0001)

Original Network ID: 10 (0x000a)

DVB-T Frequency 674.000 MHz

Bandwidth: 8 MHz Constellation: 64-QAM

Hierarchy: non-hierarchical Guard Interval 1/16

Code Rate: 2/3

Network Name: CESKE RADIOKOMUNIKACE

Network ID: 1 (0x0001)

Transport Stream ID: 1 (0x0001)

Original Network ID: 1 (0x0001)

DVB-T Frequency 506.000 MHz

Bandwidth: 8 MHz Constellation: 64-QAM

Hierarchy: non-hierarchical Guard Interval 1/8

Code Rate: 2/3

Edited by D@ve
Unfortunatly the service ID is missing.

Network Name: CDG

Network ID: 10 (0x000a)

Channel -- service ID

Prima -- 1

TOP TV -- 2

TA3 -- 3

OCKO-TV -- 4

Network Name: CESKE RADIOKOMUNIKACE

Network ID: 1 (0x0001)

Channel -- service ID

CT 1 -- 1

CT 2 -- 2

CT 24 -- 3

CT SPORT -- 4

NOVA -- 5

Used services ID are same on both multiplex. But my SetTopBox Technisat DigiPal2 works fine without EPG mixing.

Edited by D@ve

Nothing you can do about?

I'm programmer - so don't tell me, that it's so hard to add i.e. Channel or any unique number before one of the ID's (service and transport) -> which will result into correcting problem without any 'big' code rewriting???

Guest Lars_MQ
I'm programmer - so don't tell me, that it's so hard to add i.e. Channel or any unique number before one of the ID's (service and transport) -> which will result into correcting problem without any 'big' code rewriting???

Yeah, I know, everybody is an expert and we're incompetent fools. :bye:

Ever heard of something like formatchange?

So maybe you should keep your "expert opinion" to yourself until you have a full understanding of what's necessary to change and what's really going on behind the scenes...

• 8 months later...
after pressing this button, EPG restart and read new EPG from actual station??

That could show the wrong information as well. EPG is not transmitted inside the corresponding channel but in a table for all programmes of a transponder (and other transponders). DVBViewer can't distinguish between these channels cos the settings format is not state of the art.

That could show the wrong information as well. EPG is not transmitted inside the corresponding channel but in a table for all programmes of a transponder (and other transponders). DVBViewer can't distinguish between these channels cos the settings format is not state of the art.

But this is DBV-T and EPG is in multiplex of (4 or 5) programs, eg. inside.

Or no button but setting "Reset EPG when start DVBViewer", mischatch EPG is very bad. :)

Or is posible delete some file with EPG information before I start DVBViewer?

But this is DBV-T and EPG is in multiplex of (4 or 5) programs, eg. inside.

If "channel" corresponds to the multiplex, you're right. I ment channel in the sense of program because we're talking about settings and channel list. It doesn't matter to which program (channel :) ) the DVBViewer is tuned, there will be a risk of program collisions in the EPG. The DVBViewer does not store sufficient information (NID/ONID) to distinguish between said programs.

This is of course not state of the art and it makes the DVBViewer an astra_only_application :)