dvbserver and clients

ashty67

Acording to the documentation dvbserver can have multiple clients. Does each of the clients have full channel changing abilities, or must they all watch the same channel? How many clients does the server support?

• 1 year later...
Acording to the documentation dvbserver can have multiple clients. Does each of the clients have full channel changing abilities, or must they all watch the same channel? How many clients does the server support?

I think clients only will be able to see different channels if they're on the same transponder. To see channels from two transponders, dual tunner, an so on..

Edited by PARIX
I think clients only will be able to see different channels if they're on the same transponder. To see channels from two transponders, dual tunner, an so on..

If you have one card, the clients will be able to see the channels of one transponder, but if you have more cards the clients will be able to watch channels of different transponders. For example I've four cards and my clients are able to see channels of 4 different transponders.

But the problem I've found is that dvbserver can only have 6 clients!!! I answered in the forum how to increase it but nobody replied my question.