Testing compatability before purchase

nicc

I've read in these forums that the transedit demo can be used to test compatibility with cards before purchasing the DVBViewer Pro software. What I don't find however is "how" explained anywhere.

I have a Pandora HD800 brought in from Tiawan. it works fine with its stock drivers and software, but I wanted something with more features. I found DVBViewer, which seems great for the price - however I wanted to check compatibility before buying. The HD800 uses the Samsung canTuner software

thanks

I've read in these forums that the transedit demo can be used to test compatibility with cards before purchasing the DVBViewer Pro software. What I don't find however is "how" explained anywhere.

I have a Pandora HD800 brought in from Tiawan. it works fine with its stock drivers and software, but I wanted something with more features. I found DVBViewer, which seems great for the price - however I wanted to check compatibility before buying. The HD800 uses the Samsung canTuner software

thanks

Hi B) it IS a great Program, I am very happy to have discovered it ...

I also had the problem with checking if it is working (after have tried many other programs - each one of them not working with my card ;) but this one does -more or less to 100% - well one feature is not working yet -diseq- but it seems they are on it ;)

- )

well now how to use it, wery simple, you have to dowload it, start Transedit (I don't remember wether you have to install it or not) but you have to start it, look for your satellite, put the right diseq feature (look in your existing receiver what you have to put) for terrestrial choose the right one (Terrestrial EUR for using in Europe - I'm in Spain and it works fine) say "apply" and then "all" and Transedit makes a scan ... if it finds the channels - it means DVBViewer will work - and it does :bye:

so have fun, and luck, and tell the results :huh:

ciao

Isidar :bye:

P.S. if you have more questions ask, I am new too, but I surely can tell you something ...

ciao

Edited by Isidar
That's Transedit MMC Demo from the free download area at http://www.DVBViewer.com.

I'm a bit confused by the try-before-buy options here. I currently use ShowShifter, and having paid out for that, I'm reluctant to buy another package before confirming it does what I want. What I want to try is the 'DVD-compatible' MPEG recording from my Leadtek DVB-T USB dongle, which has a BDA driver.

Please can someone advise what I should download to test this functionality?

Basically, with Showshifter, it can save shows as MPEG files, but they require conversion to burn to DVD. I'm having difficulty finding a _simple_ way of doing this that works every time. I also get problems with audio sync if I convert to DIVX format (using the DIVX Create bundle which I also bought for this purpose), so want to try the DVD Viewer option to record with AC3 audio etc. I don't want to buy yet another package only to find out that it doesn't do what I need.

What I want to try is the 'DVD-compatible' MPEG recording from my Leadtek DVB-T USB dongle, which has a BDA driver.

Please can someone advise what I should download to test this functionality?

Basically, with Showshifter, it can save shows as MPEG files, but they require conversion to burn to DVD.  I'm having difficulty finding a _simple_ way of doing this that works every time.  I also get problems with audio sync if I convert to DIVX format (using the DIVX Create bundle which I also bought for this purpose), so want to try the DVD Viewer option to record with AC3 audio etc.  I don't want to buy yet another package only to find out that it doesn't do what I need.

There is no demo to capture - the app talked about here will simply test whether DVBViewer will work with your device.

If you are recording MPEG2 and converting to DVD do not convert to divx first - its a waste of time - instead get a good DVD authoring package that takes MPEG2.

There is no demo to capture - the app talked about here will simply test whether DVBViewer will work with your device.

That's a bit of a pain. What do I do if DVBViewer doesn't do what I need? Can I get a refund? I'm reluctant to pay out again for something that has flaws.

If you are recording MPEG2 and converting to DVD do not convert to divx first - its a waste of time - instead get a good DVD authoring package that takes MPEG2.

I should have been clearer here. I'm recording all of this season's formula 1, including qualifying. I want to turn these into DIVX files rather than burn to DVD, but with pretty much everything else, I want to burn to DVD. Now the files I get from Showshifter are MPEG and converting to DIVX with the DIVX converter lose audio sync. I've read that better results can be obtained if the original .TS is captured. That's one reason why I'm interested in DVBViewer. The other reason is 'DVD compliant recording' as stated in features. However, it seems that every time I blindly buy software for a purpose, it doesn't quite live up to my expectation (Nero crashing, Norton firewall doing strange stuff, etc.) so I really don't want to buy this unless I have some assurance that:

a) There's a very straightforward way to burn to DVD (I have Nero, DVDShrink and ULead Video Studio SE). What I'm looking for ideally is less processing required prior to burning

:bye: Good reports of results using DIVX Create with DVBViewer - don't object to an extra simple step to handle converting the .TS to something that DIVX Create can use.

Can anyone give me their experiences?

:D