Blank screen but PIP ok?

nicc

Just installed DVBViewer and trying to get it to work with my kworld dvb-t 100.

I get a blank screen - however using View->Preview I can get a PIP of other channels ok? Audio is okay

Have selected DVB device under options directx & Directshow set to intervideo

Had directx9.0c already installed and when I tried to install the provided version (with BDA.cab) it didn't seem to do nothing but check the version - so have no idea whether my direct9 has the BDA files (am I cltching at straws trying to fathom the problem)

[edit] Solved it (oops) Changed the video output to VMR9 - from overlay

and it worked

Edited by nicc

Disable the OSD in the options and see what it does...

DirectShow contains the basic BDA components. Usually they are extracted and registred when you install a BDA device driver.

I guess changing the overlay to VMR9 is the same as disabling overlay?

No. Different way of displaying the OSD, due to different rendering requirements.

So to get the OSD to work do I need to somehow force installiing BDAXP.cab ??

No. OSD and BDA are completely different matters.

I guess it's caused by the InterVideo decoder, that tends to report a wrong color key (= special color for parts that shall not be displayed), so that the OSD covers the whole TV picture.

I guess it's caused by the InterVideo decoder, that tends to report a wrong color key (= special color for parts that shall not be displayed), so that the OSD covers the whole TV picture.

I used InterVideo as I have that software installed already. It happens whatever option I choose. How do you suggest I change to allow mixing option?