Some feature wiches conserning recordings

IRa

I am using DVBViewer mainly for recoding movies (to make DVDs) and radio clips in MP3 format to put them in MP3 player.

There are three things at the moment in DVBV which I would like to have in the future if possible

1) possibility to store timers.xml with out closing DVBV, now when program is running almoust hole the time and I add new scheduled recordings they will be lost in case DVBV will stop running for some reason (which happens may be ones a week) and it must be closed by Windows.

2) Possibility to have separate settings for radio channel recordings, it is frustrating to edit each recordings every time (use audiorecorder plugin for MP3 format, change overlapp times which are put there for videorecording needs.

3) Possibility to record two radio prodcasting in MP3 format simultaneously (as far as I understand two audiorecorder plugin doesn’t work like two videorecorder plugin does) (and ofcource it would be much nicer if that would work without any plugins)

without any plugin? then you might use a script

2) ... to check if there are recordings on channels, that don't have a VideoPID (see COM-Documentation)

to check if a channel is a radio-channel

set mychannel= channelmanager.item(currentchannelnr)
if mychannel.tuner.videoPID = 0 or mychannel.tuner.videopid = "" then

after that, you can change the "TimerAction" of these Recordings to ARP (2 or 3) :D

ok, its not *that* simple, but possible without the need to chang anything in the main-program :bye:

take a look to the "internal" scripts (command.vbs, windowload.vbs, channelchange.vbs(!))

admi-ral

without any plugin? then you might use a script

admi-ral

Thank you admi-ral for your kind advice but as an ordinary user (not an programmer or developper) I am afraid that I am not able to program or write any scripts to do the job. :bye:

However it shows that DVBV has lot of potential to be even better solution.

But I leave the development work for those who are cappable to do that, but I hope that they will considere also those 1-3 in my first post.

Guest Lars_MQ

1. can be done.

2. recordings wth audio only normaly will be recorded as mp2.

3. You can record only one channel with the ARP there is no other way, cause the plugin needs the running graph. or you record as mp2 and can use the normal recording engine of the viewer.

1. can be done.

2. recordings wth audio only normaly will be recorded as mp2.

3. You can record only one channel with the ARP there is no other way, cause the plugin needs the running graph. or you record as mp2 and can use the normal recording engine of the viewer.

1 Fine

2 not exactly, because I must use TS format to get DVBsubtitles recorded and then also audio recordings are also in TS format and MP3 players don't like that.