PVR programming from OSD

rriem

I like the very good and fast OSD menue system. If you select a channel from OSD menue, on the right side you see the broadcasts, ordered by time. If you select a special broadcast and hit the ENTER-Key you will get moire infos about the broadcast.

It would be nice, if you hit the programmed record-button on a broadcast, the time and date will send automatically for programming the PVR (like the "Send to PVR" button in EPG list box). Programmed broadcast schould be highlighted by red background. Easy to use and very fast.

I would be very happy, if this feature would be added in a future version.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just unzipped the latest beta and checking it out...pumped to this (is this you rriem ment?):

OSD-> Timeline-> select program, press "Record", but nothing happens. you can do it via Menu, but not directly with that button. (I'm using mouse with OSD, not rc). I have also the earlier beta and the 3.2.6 installed, all versions act the same.

does it work when you use the keyboard? (OSD-Red is per default F5).

It pops up the window where I you can define the exact start/stop time, channel etc. so I guess the answer is yes if this is how it's designed to work.

I think the most logical way would be: when pressing F5 or "Record" with mouse/rc it would set the timer immediately without showing the window (just using the default values), and when selecting "Record" via "Menu" you get these extra options.

regards

Markku

does it work when you use the keyboard? (OSD-Red is per default F5).

It pops up the window where I you can define the exact start/stop time, channel etc. so I guess the answer is yes if this is how it's designed to work.

I think the most logical way would be: when pressing F5 or "Record" with mouse/rc it would set the timer immediately without showing the window (just using the default values), and when selecting "Record" via "Menu" you get these extra options.

regards

Markku

Hmmm, can I do this modification myself with Skin Editor?