Dolby Digital (AC3) broadcasts

rriem

First I will descibe the problem, to find out, whether I understand the problem in the right way.

In channellists appears the same station in different ways, normal, 2-channel and Doby Digital. If I select the Dolby-Digital version, there is no sound. I think, the differences betwenn this threee variants are different PID for sound.

If there is no broadcast which supports 2.channel or Dolby Digital, there will be no sound? Or will the station send a stereo sound? If this true, I have some problems with vonfiguration.

1) Is it poosible to configure DVBViewer in a manner, that if I select the Dolby Digtal version of a appropiate station and the braodcast is only stereo, it switches automatically to stereo sound, like other programms do? In the manual, there are no hints and I didn't find a listing in forum what do do: Any suggestions?

What I did:

My Audigy sound card is switched to "passthrough to S/PDIF. I only use the S/PDIF output. Works ok for DVDs and other sounds and stereo reception of DVBViwer.

I installed AC3-_Filter from Moonlight and selected the setup program of the filter. There I select "S/PDIF" for speaker configuration.

The Odin moonlight filter appears in the Filter submenu. But there I didnt find any configuration item, that looks like "S/PDIF", nor in the Default DVBViewer Filter.

Thanks for help.

Is that true, that on the Dolby Digital PID is stereo, when there is no DD broadcast?

Dolby Digital resp. AC3 is a container for different kinds of audio transmissions - it can be mono, dual channel, stereo, 2/2 quadro, 3/2 five channel surround etc.

Most broadcasters use 3/2 surround only for special events, e.g. blockbusters. Detailed information about the current AC3 format are available on the DVBViewer Filter property page (View -> Filters -> DVBSource) or on the AC3 Filter's property page (View -> Filters -> AC3 Filter, if selected as audio decoder, see Options -> DirectX).