SERVER CLIENT CONFIGURATION

gonzaloblanco1992

I have a few problems getting DVBViewer to stream through my wireless LAN. My system works almost faultlessly with ProgDVB (see my config below) but with DVBViewer can’t get anything at all, no sound, no picture. Yes, I bought the DVBViewer because I thought would be easier and better, but no much fun so far. Indeed DVBViewer works fine on the desktop on its own, but as soon as I open the server option in the desktop, the program freezes and stops. I wanted to stream to the laptop but this has been so far impossible; I think by now have tested all combinations suggested in the instructions. If I open the DVBserver only (without the viewer) my laptop shows up in the clients panel, changing channels in the laptop will also trigger a list of actions in the “Debug” panel in DVBserver. I have also tried each one of the TTL options, closing and opening the program or even restarting both the server and client computers with same frustrating result.

If anyone please can provide some extra tips.

My configuration: AMD Athlon™XP 2100+, 1.72 GHz, 512 Mb of RAM, running Windos XP professional SP2.

TechniSat DVB-PC TV Star PCI 2, DVBViewer pro

Thanks!

Gonz

The log files? I have attached them (from client), cant acces the ones from server right now.

My version: 3.2.6.80

What else do you need? Could you please be a bit more explicit? I can’t see anything else to provide in that link.

Am I the only one struggling to get this properly set up? Hopefully some of you will have some clues...?

Given the overwhelming response, here is a good tip for Oliver, Lars and the rest of DVBViewer users: if you have any problems with the server/client feature of DVBViewer do the following: uninstall the full application and bin it, then install ProgDVB. ProgDVB is more widely used, easier to set up and, in contrast to DVBViewer, there are forums where you can actually get support! So long folks… :bounce: