LastFile how ?

I want to program my remote in such a way that I can recall playback of last file.

I can see the DVBViewer app has the "lastfile" command in the the "channel menu".

this is what I want, only through COM :bye:

neither actions.ini or the COM docs give me any indications on how to do this.

/Elo

try

varLastfile = DVBViewer.getsetupvalue("Renderer","LastFile","Whatyouwant")

DVBViewer.playfile varLastfile

didn't try but it should work in a script or something :bye:

using the command.vbs, just type "getsetupvalue...." instead of "DVBViewer.getsetupvalue..."

Thx for the reply.

It works...kinda...

It sure does play the file as indicated in the setup.xml like this;

<section name="Renderer">

<entry name="LastFile">c:\mymovie.avi</entry>

</section>

The only problem is that this setup.xml key is only being written when the app exits.

I want to do be able to do a cycle between last viewed channel and last viewed file on the same DVBViewer session. (FYI; I use the "Stop" on my remotie to toggle this)

I guess this is not currently possible.

/Elo

The only problem is that this setup.xml key is only being written when the app exits.

Afair this should not be. You can easily setup your own setupvalues that are also available in the current session. The file is surely written afterwards, but the values can be pulled everytime ;)

Another thing you can try is to use the playlist.vbs and channelchange.vbs to let the actual file/channel be permanently stored in the setup.xml or temporary in the DVBViewer-Props by using DVBViewer.propsetvalue "#yourvaluename","yourvalue"

I've done s.th. similar to switch between last radio and last tv-station so this should work with file-playback, too ;)

Edit:

well, i've tried a bit using playlist.vbs and worked out that another (new) integrated VB-Script would be useful to script s.th. you want:

playlist.vbs only starts while playing a file out of a playlist, which isn't always the case - i've not figured out yet how to get the last played file which must be stored anywhere inside the DVBViewer-properties while a tv-station is tuned... :bye:

to solve this in the easiest way (i guess), a script called playfile.vbs would be nice - maybe you ask Lars to create something like this and maybe he knows another way how to get the lastplayed filename ;)

Edited by admi-ral