Help2

outofhood

I have not been able to get myWinTV HVR-900 running through the DVBViewer. I am using a Dell Dimension 5050 with a P4 3Ghz processor, 1gb RAM and Windows XP Home.

I have installed the (paid for) Pro version of the DVBViewer, after much trial and tribulation with the malfunctioning home page. (See other posts on this Forum) I am now begining to wonder if I have wasted both time and money!!!!

An earlier request did not result in any constructive help. Can anyone offer some simple instructions on how to get started please?

I have not been able to get myWinTV HVR-900 running through the DVBViewer. I am using a Dell Dimension 5050 with a P4 3Ghz processor, 1gb RAM and Windows XP Home.

I have installed the (paid for) Pro version of the DVBViewer, after much trial and tribulation with the malfunctioning home page. (See other posts  on this Forum) I am now begining to wonder if I have wasted both time and money!!!!

An earlier request did not result in any constructive help. Can anyone offer some simple instructions on how to get started please?

I am sorry but I don't know if I am able to give much help for you but I installed yesterday a HVR 1100 card as a "brother " to my Airstar2 card. I never succeeded to get it work with Hauppauges own software but there was no problems with DVBViewer (latest beta 3.4.9.200). Just the card inside PC (an old Pentium 800 + W2000SP4), Hauppauge (beta) drivers downloaded from here http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/support/s...vb-t_wintv.html (I did not even open the CD which came with the card) and in DVBV settings / hardware and scan devices. When program find the card I but the state as prefered and after that both card workd lie a dream simultaneusly recording from two different muxes worked fine.

Edited by IRa

Hi!

Searching for info on your WinTV HVR-900 I stumbled across your thread (I think its yours) on the Hauppauge UK Forum. Assuming that Chris.Day knows what he's talking about and that the driver does indeed provide BDA-Support, which is the prerequisite for DVBViewer Pro/GE to work, you should be able to find your device in the Hardware Settings page. Keep in mind that even though the WinTV HVR-900 is a hybrid-stick that supports both analogue and digital terrestrial television, DVBViewer will not support the analogue part (the D stands for digital).

In DVBViewer Pro 3.2.6 go to Settings -> Options. In the list on the left click on DirectX then have a look at the drop-down list labeled "Current Device" in the DVB Device field. There you should find your WinTV HVR-900. It might however show up under a different name, I'd look for keywords like USB, BDA and the like. If you've found your device select it and click "Ok".

If that doesn't work, you might want to try the latest beta version (3.9.4) of DVBViewer Pro. Carefully read the Readme-file and follow the instructions on how to install the beta-version!

Here you'll find the DVB Devices by clicking Settings -> Options -> Hardware (in the list on the left). Try clicking on the "Scan Devices" button if your USB-Stick doesn't show up in the list of DVB Devices.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mr Bun

Hi!

Searching for info on your WinTV HVR-900 I stumbled across your thread (I think its yours) on the Hauppauge UK Forum. Assuming that Chris.Day knows what he's talking about and that the driver does indeed provide BDA-Support, which is the prerequisite for DVBViewer Pro/GE to work, you should be able to find your device in the Hardware Settings page. Keep in mind that even though the WinTV HVR-900 is a hybrid-stick that supports both analogue and digital terrestrial television, DVBViewer will not support the analogue part (the D stands for digital).

In DVBViewer Pro 3.2.6 go to Settings -> Options. In the list on the left click on DirectX then have a look at the drop-down list labeled "Current Device" in the DVB Device field. There you should find your WinTV HVR-900. It might however show up under a different name, I'd look for keywords like USB, BDA and the like. If you've found your device select it and click "Ok".

If that doesn't work, you might want to try the latest beta version (3.9.4) of DVBViewer Pro. Carefully read the Readme-file and follow the instructions on how to install the beta-version!

Here you'll find the DVB Devices by clicking Settings -> Options -> Hardware (in the list on the left). Try clicking on the "Scan Devices" button if your USB-Stick doesn't show up in the list of DVB Devices.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mr Bun

Hi Mr.Bun, Thanks for the above, these are the sort of instructions that I can manage!!! I will try this evening, and hopefuly your help will get me going. Thanks again for taking the time........Regards .....

I have installed the (paid for) Pro version of the DVBViewer, after much trial and tribulation with the malfunctioning home page. (See other posts  on this Forum) I am now begining to wonder if I have wasted both time and money!!!!

I am sorry but I don't know if I am able to give much help for you but I installed yesterday a HVR 1100 card as a "brother " to my Airstar2 card. I never succeeded to get it work with Hauppauges own software but there was no problems with DVBViewer (latest beta 3.4.9.200). Just the card inside PC (an old Pentium 800 + W2000SP4), Hauppauge (beta) drivers downloaded from here http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/support/s...vb-t_wintv.html (I did not even open the CD which came with the card) and in DVBV settings / hardware and scan devices. When program find the card I but the state as prefered and after that both card workd lie a dream simultaneusly recording from two different muxes worked fine.

Thanks IRa... you may also be interested in reply from Mr.Bun on this thread. Thanks for taking time to reply. Regards etc...