Problems with Pro-version

dschneider

I have bought a new Technisat skystar USB-Box and the DVBViewer-pro version.

Now, all installed on my laptop, the software is hanging for many times.

It can be the case, I can see a program on a channel for about an hour and then the picture and sound stops for some seconds, and then it goes ahead, and stops again after some minutes it stops again. When it stops, there are some digital blurred sounds.

Sometimes it stops for some seconds, somtimes for some minutes, and sometimes the software can only be killed and started again.

This happens despite the fact that the signal strength is more than 60%.

I have deleted all the software, and installed it for a second time but without any success.

Please help me!!!!

I'm so despairing!!!

Thanks

Daniel

Guest Lars_MQ

First of all, bad choice in hardware. You will never be able to watch ARD or ZDF with this box cause it's USB 1.1 and it can't cope with the data rate of these channels (it's even written somewhere in the technisat faq I believe).

Second, you didn't install from the CD that came with your box.

Third you use the 4.4 driver which is not necessary and can cause problems with the 3.2.6.80, you can either downgrade your driver to an older version or you use the pro beta, which supports the new drivers correctly.

That's a surprise! Why should the build a USB-Satbox, which is not able to use enough speed for all possible datarates?!

In the first try, I installed all from the CD, but there was the same problem.

Best Regards

Daniel

Since Eurosport and EuroNews vanished from the ZDF transponder on Astra 19° East they use the free bandwidth for broadcasting with bitrates up to 7.5 mbps. In practice too much for an USB 1.1 device.

Boxes like that shouldn't be sold anymore. For DVB-T it's ok, but not for DVB-S. Try to give it back ASAP.

It seems, you are right.

I tried to use the beta version, and it runs much better! Now I only have sometimes problems in ARD/ZDF. But sometimes, it runs very well for half an hour or so - too!

Why is that so unsteady?

Best Regards

Daniel

Guest Lars_MQ

Did you even read our answers?

First of all, bad choice in hardware. You will never be able to watch ARD or ZDF with this box cause it's USB 1.1 and it can't cope with the data rate of these channels