AC3 Stored in a mpeg recording?

interalia

Hi

I have installed the Pro version on DVDViewer on my PC with a Skystar2 PCI in it.

It works very well but I have a newbie query with using AC3.

I use a Pinnacle Showcenter 200 media extender in my lounge to play media stored on my PC (using a 100m/bit LAN cable). I can play all my ripped CD's, Digital pictures and video DVD's I have copied on to the PC using DVD decrypter freeware. The videos will playback Dolby 5.1 through the Showcenter's optical output via my home theatre system.

Since installing DVDviewer I now have a file share called d:\PVR on my PC that the Showcenter can see and that is where DVDviewer writes recorded programs to. This works great and I can see and play recorded programs recorded by DVDviewer.

What I want to do is record to disk programs that are transmitted with Dolby Digital audio. Does DVDwriter record the AC3 in the mpeg file?

Cheers

Neil

UK

Yes, it does.

It is quite simple. In the channel list, if you would like to have a short look at it, there are lots of information stored about each channel. Like frequenzy, polarisation, and, now it´s getting interresting for you, PIDs. YOu have one PID for video, and another one for audio. If a channel supports DolbyDigital (wich can be 2.0 or 5.1 (!)), these audio format is simply on another audio PID. So you just have to find out which audio PID is for AC3, and change the value to this PID.

And up we go...