Problem Multicast/Unicast streaming

OldSchool

Hi to all again.

I have found a bug when streaming signal on lan.

I start normaly the network streaming in multicast (unicast still have same problem)

Open the vlc as client and connect to multicast stream well, the video appear well but the audio not.

Such we know the stream of tv as more pid for transport video / audio / text ecc. ecc.

Well, as you see in the picture attached not all stream are sended with the same mode.

In the first picture you can see that the second stream is audio stream, in the second picture you can see that the second stream is text.

Well, the first Tv of the first picture working well (video and audio streamed ok), the second Tv (second picture) is streamed only the video, no audio.

I think if is possible add a choice of which pid streaming and even a bitrate control for limit bandwith use.

I hope that it will fixed because the streaming is useful.

P.s. Sorry for my bad english

OldSchool

post-20553-1144749543_thumb.jpg

post-20553-1144749556_thumb.jpg

Edited by OldSchool
I see no bug. I only see a programm which can't use the stream properly. Take the DVBViewer as client, does the problem persist?

If i need to send in internal lan of my company a program tv i do not make a fresh install DVBViewer on every client.

Vlc working very well and it is free.

The problem is that DVBViewer streaming the first and the second pid (normal video for first pid and audio for second pid) but not all stream tv are in this sequence of pid (as you see in the pictures attached above).

Vlc recognize the different pid and leave me the choice of select which stream audio listen , but no audio is streamed.....

I think this is a problem. You don't think this?

regards.

OldSchool

Edited by OldSchool
Guest Lars_MQ

No that's a correct behaviour. The DVBViewer of course streams everything belonging to a channel, also teletext (or subtitle). If the receiving application can't handle a TS stream properly, it's not a problem of the DVBViewer.

Maybe setting your teletext PID in the channellist to 0 helps...

BTW which DVBViewer Version are you talking about?

..... The DVBViewer of course streams everything belonging to a channel, also teletext (or subtitle).

I agree with you and it is correct.

If the receiving application can't handle a TS stream properly, it's not a problem of the DVBViewer.

It not seem true, Vlc find and recognize well the different pid. It show me in right place the teletext (in subtitle) and the audio stream in audio track choose.

In the first picture where the audio pid is the second pid all work fine, in the second picture where the second pid is text no audio is streamed.....

Maybe setting your teletext PID in the channellist to 0 helps...

I don't understand what do you mean.

BTW which DVBViewer Version are you talking about?

Version 3.2.6.80 (official version)

OldSchool

Edited by OldSchool
The DVBViewer of course streams everything belonging to a channel, also teletext (or subtitle). If the receiving application can't handle a TS stream properly, it's not a problem of the DVBViewer.

This is simply not true or we're talking about a misunderstanding. In the http streaming mode the DVBViewer only sends a single audio channel. This is due to the defintion of a channel in the DVBViewer. Different audio -> different channel. VLC takes the PMT that can show more than one elementary audio stream. But the 2nd, 3rd.. audio is not sent. You'll have to tune the DVBViewer to a different channel :bye:

You'll have to tune the DVBViewer to a different channel  ;)

.... and i loose about 80% of TV for streaming....... >_<

I think is a good think add the possibility to choose which audio streaming (choosing in PMT table of course) and another important feature the bitrate of the streaming in mode of not overload the LAN....

See ya

OldSchool

Not possible with the method you have chosen for streaming. Use the server and install DVBViewer as clients. To prevent overloading your LAN, buy a better hardware router if you insist to carry on with multicast or switch to unicast like everbody else does >_<

Not possible with the method you have chosen for streaming. Use the server and install DVBViewer as clients

The server not work for terrestrial TV. >_<

Is impossible in a lan of about 80 client install DVBViewer for all and it is a little "out of standard" and little expensive...... ;)

To prevent overloading your LAN, buy a better hardware

All the switch in lan is Layer 2 and just config for multicast stream..... (are cisco switch).

The president kick me off if i tell him of buy new hardware (cisco is the best).

if you insist to carry on with multicast or switch to unicast like everbody else does

You know that Unicast required hardware much perfomer and high bandwidth for a few of connections.... and i this case is useful use a limiter for each connection.....

OldSchool

..bigger than I thought >_<;)

You should try to get the server working. IMHO it should work with dvb-t. Which version do you have? Check for the latest..

I have used till now the version 3.2.5.50 (bundled with v3.2.6.80 of DVBViewer).

Now i have download the v3.2.5.51 but now i have another starting problem....

The server find the hardware tuner (i see it in first TAB) but when i go to tune some channel it hang-on and the hardware not responding. I should un-plug and re-plug the hardware (USB Yuan DVB-T Mobility hw).

For this problem i don't make other test...... for now..... >_<

Edited by OldSchool

Nothing to do.

I have test with a PCI DVB-T (from provideo PV966) and the result is the same.

The DVBServer "see" the hardware but not tune any tv, seems that not "dialogue" with the hardware...