Cablestar LAN problem

boborg

After the new 4.4.0 drivers were released I added a cablestar card to my good old skystar 2 and now run a PC with both.

I'm having difficulties with the cablestar. It seems there's some sort of conflict if I got my LAN cable plugged in (onboard Intel Pro 1000 MT on my motherboard) while I boot into windows.

If I boot with Lan cable plugged in, I get a lot of Uncorrected blocks in Setup4PC constantly.

If I boot into windows without LAN cable plugged in, no problems with Uncorrected blocks.

If I boot into windows without LAN cable plugged in. Start Setup4PC and check for Uncorrected blocks, and then plugin the Lan cable still no Uncorrected blocks even though I'm then on the Internet and all.

I've tried moving the cablestar to another PCI slot but no luck.

Tried a clean WinXP install on a different partition the same behavior.

I connect it to a zyxel router by the way.

Anyone have any ideas? I know it's not a DVBViewer issue but still maybe someone here can help.

No I did forget to do that after I moved the card to a different PCI slot. Then of course they are reenabled by default.

Seems to run without the block errors now. Thanks.

So the combination of moving the card to a different slot and unchecking the network protocols must have done the trick. I know for sure I had unchecked them before I moved the card.

Edited by boborg